Sansa fusze wont charge /:

hi guys

ive had my sansa fuze (4gb w/4gb card) for about 6 months now, and its been working fine, looks a bit worse for wear and the screen occasionaly has a hissy fit and either goes completely white or a kind of fuzzy colour like the old style tvs when they went out of focus, but the music still plays and the screen comes back when you hit it so i think its just a doddgy connection. ANYWAY its been charging fine so far; on a windows XP computer, an mains adapter charger thingy and on a morphy richards stereo.

but about a week ago, the battery completely run out (which it has done many times before) so i plugged it into the mains adapter, and it came up with the connected screen and the wheel that has arrows that spin round, but no lightning symbol lnext to the battery and the battery wasnt filling up and then going back down like it does when it charges: it clearly wasnt charging. i tried 2 XP computers and the stereo, and it would connect but not charge; the player knew it was connected to the computer/stereo/charger, but they didnt know they were connected to it.

only once i managed to get the lightning sign up:i plug the player into the charger, and the connected screen comes up, and then when i unplug it it goes straight to the normal music/video/settings etcc menu. if i plug it back in straight away the menu stays up and the lightning symbol appears (like it always has done for the charger and is supposed to) but then it goes to the connected screen straight away again. ive tried this on computer and stereo, and i could even get the lightniing symbol up again.

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING.

ive tried resetting it, but the battery is now so low it will not turn on at all without being attached to computer/charger; i get the start up sandisk screen and then the black screen with tiny white writing saying ‘battery too low system shut down’.

ive tried to get the lightning symbol up as mentioned above with the SD card and without it, but it didnt mkae any difference (my mum also has a fuze, and this has worked previously when the mains charger didnt recognize it) 

anybody got any ideas what i can do?

thanks (:

im having the same problem,what ive tried doing that works is just unplugging it then pluging it back in everytime it stops charging of course this takes a while and is a pain, it could be a problem with the software your computer has

First do a soft reset on the player by Pressing the power switch up and holding it in the up position for 15-20 seconds, then if that doesnt help, Make sure you have Windows Media Player 11, if you cant run that then you need to go to Settings>System Settings> USB MODE> MSC.

emonomi wrote:

hi guys

<–Snip–>

ive tried resetting it, but the battery is now so low it will not turn on at all without being attached to computer/charger; i get the start up sandisk screen and then the black screen with tiny white writing saying ‘battery too low system shut down’.

ive tried to get the lightning symbol up as mentioned above with the SD card and without it, but it didnt mkae any difference (my mum also has a fuze, and this has worked previously when the mains charger didnt recognize it) 

anybody got any ideas what i can do?

thanks (:

If you have tried everything else there is to try with regard to the player and a computer. Try a wall charger. Pretty much any of them that you can plug a USB cable into will work.