Sansa e280

I have recently purchased a Sansa e280 MP3 player from a pawn shop. I did not even think about it not having software with it in order to download songs.  Any idea where I could find the software to download???

No software needed. Set your USB setting to MSC and simply drag & drop (or copy & paste) from your computer. If you’ve got any CD’s you can ‘rip’ them to .mp3 format and copy those over. Otherwise, there are a lot of places you can download songs from. Just make sure they’re legal. :wink:

You probably should read the manual though to bone up on how the thing works. Note that there are 3 versions of the e200 series, with separate manuals for each. Go to Settings > Info on the player and read the top line which is the firmware verson. If it starts with a V01 you have a version (or V) 1 player. If it starts with a V03 you have a v2 model. The ‘R’ or Rhapsody model is pretty obvious when you start up the player

Congratulations on your new toy. In my opinion, the e200 series is the best player SanDisk has ever made. Feel free to browse and.or search around the forum here for tips and information you may be curious about. And you can always post a question if you don’t understand something. :smiley:

Sorry for being stupid on this but when you say set my “USB to MGC” I have no idea what your talking about…Also when I click on the manual link I don’t see the e280 which is my model number.

Your player can connect in 2 different USB modes, MTP & MSC. MTP is needed if you use DRM-encrypted content like from Rhapsody, Napster, Audible or your public library’s Overdrive system. These are files that you are given permission (usually time limited) to use but do not own.

MSC is by far the more easiest and straight-forward connection method. Your computer will see your player (and its card slot) as just another flash-based memory space (like a thumb drive, memory stick, or external hard drive). It’s very easy to work with.

The e200 is a ‘series’ of players. The only difference is the size of the on-board memory.

e250 = 2GB

e260 = 4GB

e270 = 6GB

e280 = 8GB

Everything else is identical. You just need to figure out whether you have a v1 or v2 model (different hardware configuration) as I mentioned before so you can read the appropriate manual.

Ok mine is a V03…I tried the drag or copy/paste thing and it still tells me that there are no songs…I dont know what I am doing wrong…

What format (3 digit extension like .mp3, wma, etc.) are the files you are copying over to it?

Ok again…where do I find this information?

First thing . . . did you read the manual? A lot of your questions will probably be answered there, particularly about how the player works, how to transfer files, etc.

I assume the files you are trying to put on the player are on your computer. right? When you look at these files in Windows Explorer, what is the 3-digit file extension at the end of the file name?

Maybe it would be best for you to explain exactly what you are doing and we can go from there.

I have recently purchased a Sansa e280 MP3 player from a pawn shop. I did not even think about it not having software with it in order to download songs.  Any idea where I could find the software to download???/LEGACY MODELE280

The e280 does not need or include software to download songs. Scroll up and read the first reply to this thread.

@sirfrank2 wrote:

I have recently purchased a Sansa e280 MP3 player from a pawn shop. I did not even think about it not having software with it in order to download songs.  Any idea where I could find the software to download???/LEGACY MODELE280

Is there an echo in here?

If you just copied and pasted the 1st post in this thread, shame on you. You’re a troll, go away!

If by chance you have the same problem and just happened to choose the exact same words as the OP and didn’t read the rest of the thread, shame on you. Read the entire thread.

If you are the same person who posted originally and are now using a different user name and asking the same thing, shame on you. I already answered all your questions. _ Read the manual _.

@sirfrank2 wrote:

Is there an echo in here?

If you just copied and pasted the 1st post in this thread, shame on you. You’re a troll, go away!

If by chance you have the same problem and just happened to choose the exact same words as the OP and didn’t read the rest of the thread, shame on you. Read the entire thread.

If you are the same person who posted originally and are now using a different user name and asking the same thing, shame on you. I already answered all your questions. _ Read the **bleep**ing manual _.