Sansa e250 problem

Hi!
My sansa 250 has been giving me problems. Currently it is frozen on the “Refresh Database” window. I have tried to restart it and it gives me the exact same thing. When I plug it in to my computer (have tried both XP and Vista), the computer doesnt recognize that there is anything plugged in. So I decided to try the recovery mode… and I succesfully formated the device, or so i thought. But when I turn on the player… it still gives me that same frozen “Refresh Database” window.
I would appreciate any suggestions… thanks

Yeah, I wouldn’t suggest trying to format the device in recovery mode again.   The issue seems more advance then what you can do at this time.  I believe that tech supporrt can help you better, with the situation you’re in.  Call: 1-866-SanDisk

formating the player on recovery mode doesnot fix it because the 16-MB-format is a different partition. your database is not here.  create a blank file with filename “sansa.fmt”, put the player to recovery mode and drag-drop this file. the file will tell the device to format itself after you unplug it.

edit:

another option is to downgrade the e200 to v01.02.12a. this one is easier. you just have to put the player on recovery mode then execute the file. works 100%

Message Edited by marqck on 07-28-2007 02:48 AM

just in case, that’s version 1.00.12 not 1.02.12

marqck wrote:

formating the player on recovery mode doesnot fix it because the 16-MB-format is a different partition. your database is not here.  create a blank file with filename “sansa.fmt”, put the player to recovery mode and drag-drop this file. the file will tell the device to format itself after you unplug it.

edit:

another option is to downgrade the e200 to v01.02.12a. this one is easier. you just have to put the player on recovery mode then execute the file. works 100%

Message Edited by marqck on 07-28-2007 02:48 AM

v01.00.12a. sorry

Hi there,

I’ve currently got the same issue with my e250 unit, it’s stuck on “refresh database” mode. Did you manage to fix it?

I would appreciate your help.

Cheers

Alain

I assume, if you are using this sansa.fmt file, you would need to change the file type.

I tried this earlier when my player froze, and it did not work, because it said sansa.fmt.txt so I fooled around with it. I finally got it to work, but I had to change the file type setting, to all files, and then it created the sansa.fmt file.

But my player works now so I am happy :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for the suggestions you guys.

Message Edited by Peter_Griffin on 07-27-2007 08:46 PM

How did you fix your player? I can’t even get into the files, it just won’t go past that bloody refresh database screen.

you have to go to recovery mode first. 

first, you have to enable the hold key then plug it to your computer while holding the record button. you may release it after you see ‘welcome the recovery mode’. then just drop the sansa.fmt there.

Yeah, my mistake. I thought you were already in recovery mode.

But do what Marqck said, and that should get you into the recovery mode, then you can use the suggestions in the earlier part of this thread.

How do you create a blank file with filename “sansa.fmt”?

Can you use Notepad or Wordpad and just rename the file?

I know it sounds like an knuckledragger-type of question, but just humour me. . . .

Angus

yeah, thats what i did!

just create a text document (.txt) and rename it sansa.fmt

Just a hint about using Notepad to create other than .txt files.  Surround the file name and extension with double quotes.  (For example: “anything.wav”). 

unless we choose to NOT hide file extensions. But yeah, gary’s tip is a good one.

I have this problem too - very frusturating. i’ve tried everything but can’t seem to get my sansa to work!!

from what i can tell from other forums it seems that LOTS of people are experiencing it. i ran across a law firm looking into filing a case www.dmlaws.com. check it out. maybe they can help???

this is a free nation.  anyone can file a lawsuit for anything. :slight_smile:

I need your help. I’ve had that problem for over two months nowand noone is able to help me.

Lgill, Labelle27

I am assuming you have called SanDisk at 866.SanDisk, what did they say about the issues. They usually are pretty good about replacing defective players.

lgill wrote:

I have this problem too - very frusturating. i’ve tried everything but can’t seem to get my sansa to work!!

from what i can tell from other forums it seems that LOTS of people are experiencing it. i ran across a law firm looking into filing a case www.dmlaws.com. check it out. maybe they can help???

dont you just love america EVERYONE wants to sue  for something.