Sansa doesn't want to charge

My sandisk sansa clip + doesnt want to charge anywhere else then on my pc.

At work he just shuts down after 15minutes without charging.

What can be the problem?

I have had this problem and it turned out to be the USB cable.  Some USB cables don’t seem to carry the charge from the AC to the player properly.  I have had this problem both using a wall charger and a USB to computer cable.  Everything looks normal, you can even transfer files using the cable, but when you unplug the unit it hasn’t charged at all.  I just kept swapping around cables (I have a few) until I found cables that would charge the Sansa.

Bluadept

Hmz not the answer I was hoping for :-p

But thanks.

roger1984 wrote:

What can be the problem?

I would say the obvious problem would be with whatever else you are trying to charge it with. You didn’t say so we can’t know what it is, but if it charges without issue on your computer, the player’s charging circutry does not seem to be at fault.

The only other variable in the equation is your AC charger (or whatever you’re using)?

Are you using the rear USB ports on the pc? Front USB ports might not put out enough power to get the player to charge. Why not just get a USB wall charger? Motorola Razor AC cell phone chargers with a mini USB plug are inexpensive chargers that will charge you Clip+. On the net some places sell then for around $3.

JK98 wrote:
Are you using the rear USB ports on the pc? Front USB ports might not put out enough power to get the player to charge. Why not just get a USB wall charger? Motorola Razor AC cell phone chargers with a mini USB plug are inexpensive chargers that will charge you Clip+. On the net some places sell then for around $3.

JK, if you re-read the OP I think you’ll see that it charges fines on his/her computer. The problem seems to be with whatever (AC charger?)  he/she is using to charge it.

@roger1984 wrote:

My sandisk sansa clip + doesnt want to charge anywhere else then on my pc. . .

At least that’s the way it reads to me.

JK98 wrote:

JK, if you re-read the OP I think you’ll see that it charges fines on his/her computer. The problem seems to be with whatever (AC charger?) else he/she is trying to charge it with.

@roger1984 wrote:

My sandisk sansa clip + doesnt want to charge anywhere else then on my pc. . .

At least that’s the way it reads to me.

He said it charges with his home computer, but not the computer at work. He didn’t mention trying an AC USB adapter.

JK98 wrote:
He said it charges with his home computer, but not the computer at work. He didn’t mention trying an AC USB adapter.

Where did he say anything about a work computer?

roger1984 wrote:

What can be the problem?