My clip+ won't charge. Just bought 2 weeks ago.

Please help!!  I have read some of these forums and see this is a recurring problem.  I plug my player into the computer and it looks like it charging for maybe ten seconds, then stops.  I tried plugging it into wall charger I had from an old cell phone, and the same thing happened.  I did the whole “MSD mode” or whatever its called, that didn’t fix.  I’ve reset it like 10 times now and nothing.  When I first bought it, it charged up fine the very first time.  Since then, no luck.  The customer service people at San Disk are useless!!!  After failing to get my player working, the customer support person had the nerve to say, “well, I have solved your problems today, thank you for calling.”  They even sent me an email saying “my issue has been resolved.” Ummm,not really!  Way to completely lie in order to make your customer service numbers look better.  I wish I could go back two weeks and have never bought this piece of ■■■■.  Unfortunately for me, I don’t have my receipt anymore.  If anyone has any kind of usable info, please let me know.  By the way, I have windows player 12 and have downloaded the latest firmware.  And there is no way I’m going to break this thing open and start sodering!  Do people actually do that??

I’d call back to SanDisk Tech Support, get another rep and calmly, but firmly explain that the previous ‘issue’ was indeed not resolved and the problem remains. My guess is that the charging circuitry somehow has failed and you are due a new unit under warranty (if it still is less than a year old). They should then set you up with a replacement.

Good Luck. :smiley:

I’d call back to SanDisk Tech Support, get another rep and calmly, but firmly explain that the previous ‘issue’ was indeed not resolved and the problem remains. My guess is that the charging circuitry somehow has failed and you are due a new unit under warranty. They should then set you up with a replacement.

I’d call back to SanDisk Tech Support, get another rep and calmly, but firmly explain that the previous ‘issue’ was indeed not resolved and the problem remains. My guess is that the charging circuitry somehow has failed and you are due a new unit under warranty. They should then set you up with a replacement.

Alternatively, this is the absolute best time to exchange a defective player at the retailer it was bought from, even with no receipt. After Christmas exchanges/returns are at their peak right now; all you have to do is say you got it as a gift and therefore have no receipt. The retailer won’t give you cash back, but many will exchange it for the same thing, or give you a credit slip for something else. E-tailers, understandably work a little differently.

Thanks for the response.  You make a good point about the Christmas season and exchanges.  I will try to go to Best Buy and hopefully exchange.  I am worried  though that another player will just do the same thing.

Well, you always run that risk, but truthfully I doubt you’ll have any problems. Consider the fact that millions of these things are manufactured by robot machinery in China. There’s bound to be a few that escape that are less than perfect, or with flaws that pass whatever QA testing may (or may not) be done at the factory before packaging.

Both Best Buy and SanDisk are very good about replacing defective units. Given SanDisk’s commitment and dedication to their products, warranty and customer service, I’m really surprised at the response you got from Tech Support. it is definitely not the norm.

Maybe someone should tell those robots to quit drinking on the weekend:wink::smileyvery-happy:

I had to take back a 3 week old  Clip± because the charge lasted 3 hours

the guy at the store just replaced it saying it HAPPENS REGULARLY with the 4Gb Clip+ … and from what I read on this forum he’s right

It is true that the old ones were much better:smiley:

Go robots go

@lousseau wrote:

Maybe someone should tell those robots to quit drinking on the weekend:wink::smileyvery-happy:

I had to take back a 3 week old  Clip± because the charge lasted 3 hours

the guy at the store just replaced it saying it HAPPENS REGULARLY with the 4Gb Clip+ … and from what I read on this forum he’s right

It is true that the old ones were much better:smiley:

Go robots go

Don’t get overly swayed by what you read.  People post problems and issues, not contentment …

could’t hold myself

I am so happy my new Clip+ plays for 10 hours …

the radio reception is poor, but I won’t make it an issue

@lousseau wrote:

could’t hold myself

I am so happy my new Clip+ plays for 10 hours …

the radio reception is poor, but I won’t make it an issue

Now that _ is _ a known and confirmed step backward. Personally, it’s not a problem for me as I never use the radio. Others do though, and the lack of shielding in the new unit allows for more RF interference resulting in poorer reception and sound quality. Too bad, as the Clip+ is superior to it’s predeccessor in a lot of other ways.