Sansa Clip that will not connect or charge

Hi folks,

Had an 8GB Clip for just over 2 months. Intermittently it would refuse to connect or charge when connected to the PC, and would be a useless, lifeless lump of plastic.  If left alone for 24 hours or so, when it was reconnected it would connect up and charge just fine.
Things have taken a turn for the worse, I’m afraid.

It’s been 3 days now, and the **bleep** thing still won’t connect, nor charge.  I have tried the ‘soft reset’ by holding the power button in the uppermost position for twenty seconds or so.  Nothing.

I have tried the ‘Hold centre button whilst connecting to PC’ method. Nothing.

I have tried on multiple computers and multiple USB ports.  Nothing.

I have now officially run out of ideas and, the truth is, though it has caused me much misery, I just want my little friend back.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

N.B. Cannot access device to format it, and cannot access any settings on the device as the blasted thing won’t exhibit any signs of life.

FYI: Running XP and, in Device manager, no USB Device or Portable Device is listed,

HELP!!

It seems that your device is unusable now, you can try this for the last time;

1. Player should be off. 

2. Put it on hold, slide the on / off switch downward to see the orange color.

3. Press and hold down the center button while it is on hold and whike conecting it to your pc.

If still the device wont turn on or respond try to check it on device manager by right clicking the “My computer” icon and choose manage and computer management window will be shown, try to click device manager on the left side pane and another list will appear on the right side if there is a yellow “!” on the right side pane that correspond to the sansa clip right click it and uninstall and reconnect your player and if stillnothing happen if it does the same thing contact SanDisk hotline if your device is still under warranty so you can have a it replaced.  Make sure it doesnt have any physical damaged.:wink:

My guess is either a bad cable or more serious, a lost connection inside. I would contact Sansa if not the cable.

Hi,

I am facing same problem with my IPOD its 2 gb pink clip mp3 player… its not charging & even not showing any display… I dont kn wht to do with this as nothing is displayed so cannot do anything… can anyone suggest me what to do

Thanks

@shilpidelhi2004 wrote:

Hi,

I am facing same problem with my IPOD its 2 gb pink clip mp3 player… its not charging & even not showing any display… I dont kn wht to do with this as nothing is displayed so cannot do anything… can anyone suggest me what to do

Thanks

Wow, you’re really in the wrong place…

@shilpidelhi2004 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Gasoline and matches help, or so I hear…:stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the replies.  Wouldn’t you know it, checked it about 15 minutes after posting the message and everything was working fine!  I’m relieved, though the relief is tempered somewhat as I am aware that it is only a temporary respite and would love to get to the bottom of the actual problem.  It is difficult to investigate, though, as it is one of those intermittent issues that is tough to test for.  It’s not as if I can eliminate possibilities as, between yesterday and today NOTHING HAS CHANGED, yet today it works fine!

I think it might be alive.  It keeps blinking at me and, when I’m alone in a room with it, I can’t help feeling like I am being watched…

Well, I think we can safely assume your use of the prohibited word ‘IPOD’ was just as slip of the fingers. This does sound like an intermittent connection. It could be the cable, worse it could be the connection from the clip socket to the internal motherboard, or perhaps a battery connection.

When it’s working, try gently wiggling the cable holding the cip firm to to the table. If all seems ok, try gently tapping the clip on the table. What you do next depends on what you find.

While I’ve often wondered about the life of usb connections, they do seem to hold up very well. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for the little phono plug although I’ve had an M240 for a number of years with no problem. My otherwise nice Sony Walkman hasn’t done as well and it’s very annoying. I can’t see anyway to fix except by replacing the molded socket.

Thanks for the added info.

And I must stress, 'twas not I that invoked the hideous spectre of the iPod, but shilpidelhi2004.  Such a vile device shall never be clutched between these fingers, I can quite assure you.

Mosefus

www.smellthecult.com