Sansa Clip Plus not playing files in folders

I plug it into the computer to add songs that I’m copying off of CDs. All the songs are called “Track 01” “Track 02” etc., and since two tracks of the same name cannot exist in the same folder at the same time, I create a folder for each disc. When I remove the mp3 from the computer and try to play them, they don’t show up. So I think of a solution; renaming the tracks so they can exist in one place instead of separate folders. I right click, type in the new name, and when I hit enter, the name disappears and returns to “Track 01”. Massive problem, it’s a Christmas present, need help!

Sounds like whatever ripping program you are using is not adding the ID3 tags that is necessary, or maybe you don’t have the settings right in the software to properly add the tags.

Use mp3tag (a free download) and see if they are tagged. The player has the files somewhere if you can see them on the computer. Also, use MSC mode if you are not concerned with DRM stuff. Files with ID tags will be arranged according to the tag info, but all should show up in folder view.

After re-reading the post I’m concerned with the word ‘copy’. Are you simply copying files or are you ripping them using software. I’'ve no idea how copy would work, but you should be ripping them using any of the free stuff out there or windows media player, but be wary of that if you want .mp3 format and again stick to MSC mode.

@dave61430 wrote:

After re-reading the post I’m concerned with the word ‘copy’. Are you simply copying files or are you ripping them using software. I’'ve no idea how copy would work, but you should be ripping them using any of the free stuff out there or windows media player, but be wary of that if you want .mp3 format and again stick to MSC mode.

Good point. You cannot simply ‘copy’ the .cda files off of a CD and expect them to play. They must first be converted, or ‘ripped’ into a readable format such as .mp3.