Sansa Clip not recognized by Computer - New problem

All of a sudden my Sansa Clip is not recognized by my computer. I have been using forced MSC for a year and have seen the page referred to by others with this problem. Nothing seems to work. Will downloading new firmware correct this even though the device is not recognized? How can new firmware be installed to the device?

Currently the Clip plays the music already loaded but I can add more.

Suggestions? Thanks.

OK - I’m a dummy. I was using a charging cable not the one supplied by Sansa. That’s why the computer wasn’t recognizing the Clip. However, is there a way to NOT use forced MSC to connect? I’ve been using this ever since I updated the firmware last spring and my thumb is getting sore.

@jemcq wrote:
OK - I’m a dummy. I was using a charging cable not the one supplied by Sansa. That’s why the computer wasn’t recognizing the Clip. However, is there a way to NOT use forced MSC to connect? I’ve been using this ever since I updated the firmware last spring and my thumb is getting sore.

Does your firmware have USB mode in the settings? If so, switch it to MSC there…problem solved!

I had to update my firmware before this would work.  Using USB only mode has never worked with my Clip. At least now I don’t have to hold in the button. Thanks for the help. The forum’s really useful.

didn’t solve my problem. I checked the computer and cord and all with my 1g clip; all work fine. My 2g Clip still not recognized by computer or AudibleManager. I’ve changed from Auto Select to MSC. I’ve held the on thingy for 30 seconds. None of the fixes seem to be working. Can you point me to a delete and reinstall firmware explanation?