Sansa Clip New User

I tried to attach the Sansa Clip to my laptop using Windows XP.  It appeared to be connected, the Clip said it was connected but…no folder in “My Computer” or when I search Explorer.  It shows USB storage device in the Control panel but not properly working.  How do I fix this?  I downloaded the installer from this site…still no folder available.

it seems that your computer cannot recognize the device. Try to update your WMP to WMP10 or WMP11 heres a link to download…  

Windows Media Player 10

Windows Media Player 11:

Or try connecting in MSC mode:  either thru the Clip’s Settings/USB/MSC (if you already have the more recent firmware); or put the Clip into hold (left-side switch up) and press the center button down while connecting the USB cable between your Clip and the computer (and the get and load the latest firmware–see the link at top). 

Or try connecting in MSC mode:  either thru the Clip’s Settings/USB/MSC (if you already have the more recent firmware); or put the Clip into hold (left-side switch up) and press the center button down while connecting the USB cable between your Clip and the computer (and then get and load the latest firmware–see the link at top). 

“or put the Clip into hold (left-side switch up down!) and press the center button down while connecting the USB cable”   :wink:

Thanks; my typo/bad.  :wink: