Sansa Clip help please?

My 2GB Clip has 784 gb of songs on it, and will not allow me to add more. It says: ‘Cannot copy Seether-Broken: The directory or file cannot be created’.

I’ve tried formatting it by pc, formatting it throught the mp3 player’s menu, doing an error check, defragmenting it. I once deleted the folders and other things and then it allowed me to add several more songs only then when I tried to play it the screen said, please free 30 mb. I saw a thread saying to perform a disc check after this kind of message, so I did that again but it didn’t work this time either.  I just removed a few songs and then it was happy again (back at seven-eighty-something mb)

It used to work beautifully, but my pc went through a ■■■■ stage and all of a sudden it wouldn’t admit the clip’s connected. After many attempts at everything (during this time when I connected it to other pcs, it did get acknowledged) including formatting it, the pc did give me the pop-up window of which action to take- but only “media player” and “no action” were there. Upon opening ‘my computer’, the player never appeared at all. I could only open it in media player, which never works properly- I add a couple of songs there but the player says ‘no songs’. Yesterday I discovered ‘USB modes’ and tried MSC mode, which allowed me to finally open in a folder again. I joyfully selected all the songs I want on, but it just won’t let me add more than around 780 mb.

I’m desperate, please help.

Orah

@sadroses wrote:

My 2 GB Clip has 784 gb of songs on it, and will not allow me to add more.

I don’t doubt it, The math just doesn’t support it. :smileyvery-happy:

Dammit

784 MB

I assume you don’t have any suggestions?

D:

Coulda sworn I saw this thread somewhere else … with neutron_bob saying you shouldn’t defragment a flash player?  I know you’ve already tried it, but trying doing a Format through the Clip’s menu again … especially if the last thing you did with the Clip’s file system was defragment it.

Also, try doing a “reset all” from the Settings menu.

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 05-20-2009 08:31 AM

Did what you said.

No difference.

Wtf D:

Bummer.

Have you called Sandisk tech support?

As I don’t live in the USA I think that would be rather costly.

I sent them an explanation of the problem on the rightside of this page http://www.sansa.com/support/sansa\_clip/faqs but have not recieved a reply.

Thank you for attempting to help me :confused:

@sadroses wrote:

As I don’t live in the USA I think that would be rather costly.

I sent them an explanation of the problem on the rightside of this page http://www.sansa.com/support/sansa\_clip/faqs but have not recieved a reply.

Thank you for attempting to help me :confused:

There’s more than 1 SanDisk Tech Suport Center, you know. They’re all over the globe. Here’s a listing of them with their contact (phone) numbers:

http://www.sansa.com/contact/phone_support

Calling is always better than e-mailing. Faster too.

I’m completely shocked that they have a support number in my country O_o

Thanks very muchfor the listing!