Sansa Clip 4GB sleeping and not waking up (sleeping as in dead)

I know this is a popular thread here, but I don’t really want to just add on to someone else’s thread, as doing it this way is more likely to grab attention.

Anyways, I was listening to my mp3 player as most would, when it just randomly shut off. I didn’t give it a second thought at first because I just assumed the battery needed charging.

However, when I went to plug it in to the computer, the screen didn’t light up at all and I didn’t see the usual “Charging” screen on the device. Checked the computer, and it didn’t recognize anything as being connected.

Tried the software reset: no cigar.

Left it charging overnight (or an overnight’s equivalent): still no cigar

It sounds to me my last option left is to contact the support people.

I got this back in April for my birthday, so technically my year warranty isn’t up, but really I just want to salvage my music off of it more than anything. It was a good interface, but sometimes it wouldn’t process the song tags and it just really annoyed me.

I’m gonna stop toying around and just go for an iPod maybe

The players sometimes come back to life, especially after being left to charge long whiles.  But I also would contact SanDisk–you’re covered by warranty for replacement.

In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  International Phone Numbers | Western Digital.