Sansa Clip+ 2GB Broke, can I still exchange it under warranty?

Hi,

So I bought my Sansa Clip + about a week ago from amazon.com. After using it while using the treadmill it suddenly stopped working. I tried all the different methods of reviving it but none of them came through. So I decided maybe I could open it up and see what was wrong myself. It all seemed alright and suddenly 2 of the wires came loose, now I have a opened up sansa clip, with 2 wires from the battery detached. Can I still exchange it? It says I am under warranty, but have I somehow voided the process by opening it up? Hopefully not.

Thanks

Unless Amazon has an extremely liberal return policy, you’re out of luck. Opening it voided the warranty.

Well, you could try explaining things/returning, and see what happens.  If that fails or otherwise, you could try reattaching the wires yourself, by soldering or using conductive epoxy.

Well, you could try explaining things/returning, and see what happens.  If that fails or otherwise, you could try reattaching the wires yourself, by soldering or using conductive epoxy.

Perhaps needless-to-say, best to contact the manf. or seller before doing something as drastic as opening a device not meant for user intervention.