Sandisk USB drive not working windows 10

I often connect my Sandisk Cruzer Blade 16 gb to my LG WebOS TV, but never eject it properly which made me regret now. The usb is working fine on my lg tv but has stopped working on windows. The error says “The device doesn’t exist was specified”. I can see all the files of the usb from my tv but on windows it can’t even open, I tried connecting it on android but it doesn’t work ln android too. I tried multiple thrid party tools, windows troubleshooting methods and ample of settings i changed of my computer and of the usb disk. But the issue presists
Please Help

5 Likes

Does the USB drive show in Windows’ File Manager? Windows sometimes reassigns drive letters connected to removable drives.

5 Likes

yes it does shows in file explorer but only the drive letter shows up, the free space of drive and total space (that blue colored bar) doesn’t shows up.

5 Likes

Open a Command Prompt window with Admin Rights, enter: diskpart then enter: list disk, then enter: select disk and the number of the USB drive, finally enter: list volume.
What do you see for the USB drive?

Enter exit to end diskpart.

5 Likes

it is volume no.5 for my pendrive, the storage (which should be 16gb) doesn’t shows up there and in the status row it reads unusable unlike Healthy written for other drives

4 Likes

I recommend you find a way to backup your files while connected to the TV.

Buy a USB splitter so you can plug in a 2nd drive to the TV then copy all the files from the problem drive to a new drive, that works in Windows.

Another thought, with a small piece of emory paper, lightly clean the USB ports on your pc. Maybe a light touch of the USB drive’s contacts too.

4 Likes
  1. My smart TV isn’t smart enough to support features of copying folders as it is and pasting them to another location

2. I tried cleaning the ports but no use of that.

3. I tried rufus and HP USB disk softwares to format the drive and the 2 softwares had a same problem that they are unable to write the drive, the drive is readonly. So I ask you dude if we can’t repair the drive with help of any software into the existence, can we just make it to write and read?
    I won’t hesitate to get into technicalities.

4 Likes

At this point I think you should return it to SanDisk for a replacement. If your pc and android machines can’t access it there’s not a lot of options.

4 Likes

Hah! nice one man but you think a 2013 model pendrive would be accepted for some warranty work?

4 Likes

It doesn’t cost anything to try it.

4 Likes