SanDisk RMA support SUCKS!

fuchsrr wrote:
Dude I have been given the run around from the liars at Sansa for over 4 weeks. They even sent me an emial saying they received me deveice and a replacement would be sent out. That was over 2 weeks ago or longer. Theynow have told me the whole company is out of Sansa clips. LOL what a load of B.S. I will never buy another Sansa product ever.

I checked with SanDisk Support and they received the shipment for back ordered products today and your replacement has confirmed to ship. This should go out tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.  

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

@slotmonsta wrote:

@fuchsrr wrote:
Dude I have been given the run around from the liars at Sansa for over 4 weeks. They even sent me an emial saying they received me deveice and a replacement would be sent out. That was over 2 weeks ago or longer. Theynow have told me the whole company is out of Sansa clips. LOL what a load of B.S. I will never buy another Sansa product ever.

I checked with SanDisk Support and they received the shipment for back ordered products today and your replacement has confirmed to ship. This should go out tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.  

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

There . . . Happy now, Mr. Potty-Chops?

Thanks for gracing our forum with your presence. But seriously, all the attitude, threats and off-color language could’ve been left out. :wink:

PS - I think you owe slotmonsta a big 

TI3A06121-thanks.gif Tinkerbell Thank U You animated gif anna marek ani image by anna_marek

@slotmonsta wrote:

@fuchsrr wrote:

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

Thanks for gracing our forum with your presence. But seriously, all the attitude, threats and off-color language could’ve been left out. :wink:

TI3A06121-thanks.gif Tinkerbell Thank U You animated gif anna marek ani image by anna_marek

don’t you?

Hi slotmonsta,

Do you have any news as to when a new batch of Sansa Clips are due in?

I sent my defect Clip back over a month ago, and received an email from RMA stating: “We have received your 4GB - Silver - Sansa Clip as of 07/10/2009PST. Your replacement product can now be processed. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing and shipping. Please note it will ship within 7-10 business days based upon inventory.”

Over one month and MANY unreturned telephone calls and promises later, I have now been told that there aren’t any Clips available – it would have been considerate to have been told this a month ago, no?

Apologies for the negative comments but, all in all a pretty unpleasant customer services experience. I use the Clip mainly whilst running and if I had known it would take this long I would have replaced it myself – probably not with a SanDisk product… shame as I loved the player.

grdfujsdio wrote:
Hi slotmonsta,

Do you have any news as to when a new batch of Sansa Clips are due in?

I sent my defect Clip back over a month ago, and received an email from RMA stating: “We have received your 4GB - Silver - Sansa Clip as of 07/10/2009PST. Your replacement product can now be processed. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing and shipping. Please note it will ship within 7-10 business days based upon inventory.”

Over one month and MANY unreturned telephone calls and promises later, I have now been told that there aren’t any Clips available – it would have been considerate to have been told this a month ago, no?

Apologies for the negative comments but, all in all a pretty unpleasant customer services experience. I use the Clip mainly whilst running and if I had known it would take this long I would have replaced it myself – probably not with a SanDisk product… shame as I loved the player.

I spoke with the SanDisk Support Staff regarding your issue. Currently SanDisk is back logged on this product in Europe. They said they are expecting to be able to ship your product in the next few days and you should recieve your product early next week.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

@tapeworm wrote:

@slotmonsta wrote:

@fuchsrr wrote:

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

don’t you?

5 days and no response . . .

Can’t really say I’m surprised.

slotmonsta,

Many thanks for speaking with SanDisk and I look forward to receiving the player in the next few weeks.

To Tapeworm; I realise you may not be addressing me with your comments, and I am not condoning the tone of the previous poster’s message but the lack of feedback coming from the RMA department is frustrating and it seems a shame that we have to come onto this forum to get a valid response. I certainly appreciate the efforts of people like slotmonsta who manage forums like these, but maybe their time would be better spent not doing the job of the RMA department.

@grdfujsdio wrote:
slotmonsta,

Many thanks for speaking with SanDisk and I look forward to receiving the player in the next few weeks.

To Tapeworm; I realise you may not be addressing me with your comments, and I am not condoning the tone of the previous poster’s message but the lack of feedback coming from the RMA department is frustrating and it seems a shame that we have to come onto this forum to get a valid response. I certainly appreciate the efforts of people like slotmonsta who manage forums like these, but maybe their time would be better spent not doing the job of the RMA department.

I dont speak for tapeworm but those of us who spend any amount of time on this board regularly are tired of responding to this problem. Posts have been made by The ADMINS and The MOD relaying the info about how SanDisk is revamping and changing the way they deal with RMA and this is causing delay in response and shipment. How many times does the link to the original message need to be posted before people stop screaming their brains out? I for one wont respond to it any more.

Rightly or wrongly, as far as I am concerned, I have spent hard earned money on a product that has failed. I therefore expect at least some level of service for a product still under warranty.

You have said yourself you are tired of responding – that shows there must be a problem with the service. If information is available to me that explains why my replacement is delayed, why couldn’t I have been directed to this after the 10th call to SanDisk instead of being told nothing?

The only reason I have come onto this forum is out of desperation as I was not getting a response from the RMA department. Sorry for bringing it onto these forums, but it appears that it’s the only place I am getting any info.

Regards,

Justified upset.  No info. is worse than news, oftentimes.  Glad SanDisk was able to finally provide an update for you.

i sent my clip back to them, and they received it on 8/12/09.

i haven’t recieved a replacement, nor any correspondence from sandisk

as of today. i will keep this updated.

when i had to RMA a memory card they told me 7 to 10 business days once they recieve the product for processing. if they recieved it on the 12th it has only been 5 business days so just give them a little more time and i am sure your replacement will be on its way to you.  

I have been using Sandisk Extreme Professional Media for years now and have been very satisfied with the prodoct line but my daughter wanted a Sansa MP# and it was DOA. I purchased a Sansa Clpi on 6/17 and after emailing Customer support numerous times I recieved several emails wanting more info which I provided and was told I would have an RMA within 48 hrs, a week went by and I contacted them again and got the same form letter as when I started …

" Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response. If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you."

It’s now Aug. 27th and I called customer support who couldnt help me so they xfered me to tech support who told me within 8 days I should have an RMA number and email containing a shipping label and then I get to mail it back and wait another couple of weeks to hopefully get another player. 

I picked the Sansa because of the price and dependability of the other Sandisk products I use. However, I will never use Sandisk products again… and not because I recieved a defective player ( that stuff happens ) but due to the support I have recieved and all the hoops I have had to jump through over a $25 player. 

I do like your Extreme series and Ducati media cards but because of your actions, I will see if Lexar handles my business any better.

Rusty Pryor

Incident: 090721-000121

AND:

Incident: 090715-000982

AND:

Incident:090808-000091

AND THE LAST NUMBER I WAS GIVE OVER THE PHONE: 

# 26796

Hello RustyPryor,

I have spoke to SanDisk support and your replacement request was authorized only due to a technicality regarding a mistake made by one of the SanDisk customer service agents. You received verbal confirmation from a SanDisk customer service agent that your return was authorized due to the fact that you said your product was brand new in retail packaging and not refurbished. However after further investigation this in fact was not truthful information. Below is a print out of the receipt SanDisk support received. Also below is the product listing from 06/17/09. The product you purchased was refurbished and did not fall under SanDisk warranty. As an exception your replacement was approved. Additionally you state the device was DOA. woot.com’s return policy is 90 days warranty in which you can return the product. Since you were within the first 90 days of purchase you should have returned the product to the place of purchase following their warranty. 

See below the proof of purchase information that SanDisk support received and the woot.com 06/17/09 product listing that was found after further investigation. Please note that refurbished products do not carry a SanDisk manufacturers warranty. 

Here’s your receipt…

on 6/17/2009, you successfully wooted.

order XXXXXXXXX

You want 3

which each cost

$14.99

for a subtotal of

$44.97

plus shipping

+ $5.00

for a total of

$49.97

Sandisk Clip 2GB MP3 Player

Youordered 1 Sandisk Sansa Clip 2GB MP3 Player. Black

Youordered 1 Sandisk Sansa Clip 2GB MP3 Player. Dark Pink

Youordered 1 Sandisk Sansa Clip 2GB MP3 Player. Light Pink

Link to woot.com listing for Sansa Clip on 06/17/09

Sandisk Clip 2GB MP3 Player, $14.99 + $5 S&H

• Condition: Refurbished
  • Product: 1 Sandisk Sansa Clip 2GB MP3 Player
  • Color: Dark Pink, Blue, Black, Red, Light Pink

Mad About You

A regular day at the gym… or is it?

“Look at that guy over there.” 

“He’s so lame.” 

“What is that, a bag full of iPods? Blue, Red, Black… is that Pink? A Pink iPod?” 

“It’s not even an iPod. It’s a Sandisk Clip 2GB MP3 Player.” 

“2GB? That’s only like ten albums worth of music. Who works out with only ten albums?” 

“Yeah. How can a person survive on that? What if he suddenly wants to hear some Belinda Carlisle?” 

“Belinda Carlisle?” 

“Yeah… because that’s… what a guy like him would listen to. I bet. Not me.” 

“Oh, right on. For a second I thought you meant-” 

“Hey, I figure he’s got an FM radio on that thing too. Maybe he’s listening to the radio. Or as I call it, Loseradio.” 

“Yeah. Listening to Beloser Carloseisle on the built in FM Radio.” 

“Hey, lay off.” 

“What?” 

“Lay off Belinda Carlisle.” 

“What? I was just-” 

“Just LAY OFF!! OKAY, BRO? BECAUSE SHE SURVIVED A HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN YOU DID! ALL RIGHT? LAY OFF!” 

“Hey, hey, calm down, man. I didn’t mean anything. Oh, now that guy’s staring at us.” 

“SHE FOUGHT OFF DEMONS, BRO! SHE HAD DEMONS AND SHE FOUGHT THEM OFF. SHE MADE HEAVEN IN A PLACE ON EARTH. YOU CAN’T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM HER, NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO.” 

“Everybody’s staring at us now.” 

“YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU KNOW WHAT? I’M GLAD! I’M GLAD THEY’RE STARING! HEY, GUY, I WANT THAT PINK SANSA. I DON’T CARE THAT IT’S A REFURB, THAT ONLY MAKES IT BETTER. IT OVERCAME ITS DEMONS TOO. AND THAT’S WHAT LIFE IS ABOUT. NOT ABOUT JUDGEMENT. NOT ABOUT CALLING A TALENTED RECORDING ARTIST STUPID NAMES.” 

“Whatever, man, nobody cares. Use the pink iPod-” 

“IT’S A SANSA! SANSA SANSA SANSA! WHO’S THE LOSER NOW, HUH? WHO’S THE REAL LOSER NOW?” 

“…so what, I need to get somebody else to spot me?” 

Warranty:  90 Day Woot Limited Warranty 

Features:

• Tiny Wearable MP3 Player  with 2GB of storage space
  • 1" LCD screen with 4 line display
  • 15 hours of playback with internal rechargeable battery
  • FM Tuner with 40 Presets
  • Voice recording with built-in microphone
  • Works with most subscription based music services
  • Supports MP3, WMA, Secure WMA, WAV, and Audible file playback
  • Play modes: shuffle (track; all), repeat
  • Drag and drop file transfer
  • Equalizer modes: Rock, Pop, Jazz, Classical, and Custom.
  • Dimensions: 2.17" x 1.35" x .65"
  • Weight: .92oz
    Additional Photos:
  • Clipped on to a shirt
  • Black Clip
  • Black Clip Profile
  • Dark Pink Clip
  • Dark Pink Clip Profile
  • Blue Clip
  • Blue Clip Profile
  • Red Clip
  • Red Clip Profile
  • Light Pink Clip
  • Light Clip Profile
    System Requirements:
  • Windows XP SP2 or Vista Operating System
  • Windows Media Player 10 or 11
  • High-Speed USB 2.0 port required for hi-speed transfer
    In the box:
  • Sandisk Sansa Clip 2GB MP3 Player
  • USB Cable
  • Earbuds with Foam Pads

Manual not included, download it here

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 08-28-2009 11:36 AM

Ah well, RustyPryor … if you use the Forum to whine and complain about problems with SanDisk support, you take the chance of getting publicly embarrassed on the forum, huh?

Thanks for wasting disk space and our time.

RustyPryor =

Sorry to chime in here, but who really cares?

This is supposed to be a user forum, not the RMA department.

I still think that SanDisk should make it clear on their Sansa Support page (http://www.sansa.com/support) that when people click on the “sansa forums” button, they’re LEAVING an official SanDisk support area, and entering a user forum.

I’m betting that that’s why we get so many newbies coming in here complaining about RMAs and support.

@promisedplanet wrote:

I still think that SanDisk should make it clear on their Sansa Support page (http://www.sansa.com/support) that when people click on the “sansa forums” button, they’re LEAVING an official SanDisk support area, and entering a user forum.

I’m betting that that’s why we get so many newbies coming in here complaining about RMAs and support.

Agreed…

It also could be out of sheer frustration, casting a net and hoping from some help somehow.