SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD 500 GB not connecting to Mac

My 500 GB drive doesn’t show up on my MacBook anymore. This started last week. I thought it was the USB C cord. It is not. I have tried 6 cords. I have also tried connecting to my iMac. Nothing. I think the USB connection in the drive is broken. Can I take this drive apart and port the storage to a new container? I have at least a year or two worth of Ableton sessions that i need to get off of this device. I was told this device was next to indestructible and i DID NOT BACK IT UP. First rule of data … not followed ARG! HELP

1 Like

Hi @wilsonSloane,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the SD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask

If your SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD 500GB is not connecting to your Mac, try using a different USB cable or port, ensure the drive is powered on, and check if it appears in Disk Utility. If the issue persists, there might be a compatibility problem or a drive malfunction; contacting SanDisk support or Apple assistance could be helpful.
The EaseUS data recovery software is a great solution to recover deleted or lost data. It can be used in the event of an accidental format, deletion or data loss.