Sandisk Extreme 2TB SDSSDE61 Seen in USB Biut Not In Disk Utility Mac OS 12.4

I just bought the Sandisk Extreme 2TB SDSSE61-2TOO. If I plug it using the USB-C cable that came with the SSD in the box into my 2021 M1 Max MacBook Pro 16", I can see the Portable External SSD in About This Mac/Overview/System Report/USB. But I cannot see it in Disk Utility. I get the same results if I restart, if I use al the USB-C ports on my MacBook Pro. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks.

Hi @rtsy,

Please refer to the instructions mentioned in the below articles and let us know if the issue is resolved:

Title: Windows Or macOS Cannot Find My Drive (Drive is not detected by host system):
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answersweb/detailweb/a_id/8167

If your 2TB Sandisk Extreme SSD (SDSSDE61) is visible in USB but not appearing in Disk Utility on macOS 12.4, it might indicate a compatibility issue or a drive malfunction. Try using a different USB cable or port, restarting your Mac, and if the problem persists, contact SanDisk support or explore data recovery options.
EaseUS data recovery wizard is highly recommended for recovering lost files due to its easy-to-use interface, powerful recoveries capabilities, and support of a variety of file types and storage media.
SanDisk Extreme SSD Failure: Tips to Prevent from Further Damage