SanDisk Clip unresponsive

Recently I’ve been having problems with my clip. When I would attempt to go to the next song or press any button for any reason it would temporarly freeze. Now it is completely unresponsive. It will not turn on. It is not recognized by my PC, no music will play, the only thing I can see at times is the SanDisk logo other times I can see nothing at all. My PC is upto date, I had previously updated the firmware, and I have attempted the 15 second reset with no luck.

@rafceja wrote:
Recently I’ve been having problems with my clip. When I would attempt to go to the next song or press any button for any reason it would temporarly freeze. Now it is completely unresponsive. It will not turn on. It is not recognized by my PC, no music will play, the only thing I can see at times is the SanDisk logo other times I can see nothing at all. My PC is upto date, I had previously updated the firmware, and I have attempted the 15 second reset with no luck.

1)  Make sure the Clip battery is charged.    If you have an AC adapter with the mini-USB connector try charging it with it.  Or on a desktop computer use the rear USB port.     (Does the screen light up when you plug it in to charge?)

the battery maybe too weak if you only see the logo at startup.  or the little Clip is confused and needs to be reformated.   

If you can get it connected to a computer and recognized, then format it on the computer

Try forcing the Clip to connect to the PC in MSC USB mode:

Sansa Clip :
1. Turn off your player.
2. Slide the Power switch on the left of the player down until you see the orange indicator.
3. Press and hold the Select (center) button.
4. With the Select button held down, connect the player to the PC.
5. Release the Select button once the player is detected.

How to get the Clip recognized on computer: 

http://kb.sandisk.com/cgi-bin/sandisk_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=42&p_created=1221328944&p_sid=PucZI9qj&p_brand=sansa

If you do get it connected and formatted.  and still have problems.   Update the firmware once more. 

Hope this helps,

Also you can call Sansa’s support number as well

Good Luck :)  Hope something helps.   Let us know how things go.

Cheers,

I’ve had no success. In an attempt to charge Clip was left connected to PC for a good while, yet I’m still only getting the Sandisk logo. The PC recognized the Clip as TWO generic drives by holding down the Select button. Attempted to format with no apparent success.