sandisk clip noobie

When I drag songs to my player,I am asked to sycro the songs.Takes forever.

Why can’t I drag and drop to the device like other flash drives and listen to my music?

Have you used some sort of sync program in the past, or is the music from a subscription service?  I drag and drop without any sync issue.

You always could try reformatting the player under its settings–note that this will delete all your user content on the player–and starting anew. 

I have music on i-tunes and Windows Media Player.

I can drag a song to my Clip,but it only asks if I want to sync the song.

I does not show up on the Clip.

I can’t load songs on my new Clip.

@poletax wrote:

I have music on i-tunes and Windows Media Player.

I can drag a song to my Clip,but it only asks if I want to sync the song.

I does not show up on the Clip.

I can’t load songs on my new Clip.

Leave iTunes and WMP out of the equation. Their ‘prime directive’ in syncing. Also if you have the original Clip (or even if you don’t) set your player’s USB mode to MSC instead of MTP. Note any songs you have already transferred in MTP or the dreaded Auto Defect mode will not be visible to you while hooked up to your computer in MSC so you may want to format the player to clear the memory and re-transfer them over in MSC mode.

Ok,I changed it over to MSC.

When I plug my clip into the USB port,a window comes up asking me if I want to import pictures from the device.

Grrrrrrrr.

I simply want to load songs onto my new player.

That sounds like your Windows AutoRun; it must be detectiing images in the player’s memory. Just say No.

I did that and it just reverts back to my desktop.

Nothing,nada.

If you got the autorun prompt, your player should be mounted as a drive. You’re saying you got the autorun prompt but nothing appeared under my computer?

The Scandisc clip shows on my computer.

If I click it,it opens to show me what is already on the disc.Sample music.

If you are seeing the sample music, you are most likely connected in MTP Mode.

Look at the Windows Explorer screen.  Does the Clip Zip first display with a drive letter like E: assigned?   This is an MSC session connection.  If it appears as Sansa Clip Zip 8GB as a media device, you are in MTP.  Double click on the device, and select Internal Memory.  You can, in either case, simply drag and drop your music files to the Music folder.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

The bottom line is:  open the Clip drive/folder up on your computer and simply copy and paste (or drag and drop) files to the Clip’s Music folder (or wherever you want them).  Voila!   :slight_smile:

What’s up docs??

Can anyone lend a helping hand here?    

Using VISTA, Clipzip shows up as “Sansa Clip Zip 4GB” and I added a “My iTunes Music” folder successfully, but copying and pasting or just draggin won’t get the music from iTuns on my SONY VAIO Vista Notebook to the Clip Zip.    We can go to the moon, but I cannot easily transfer 1,000 songs to a clip zip?   C’mon people!  Work with me!!

If you’re asking if Apple’s software will sync their competitors devices, the answer is no.

Set the Player to MSC Modus

See Manual.

Plug Clip Zip on PC. You See a New Device Called “SANSA CLIPZ”. copy Files in the MUSIC Folder.

Unplugg sansa and Database Build will start. Take 2-5 Minutes.

If the device not called "“SANSA CLIPZ” the MSC Mode ist off.

Thanks, Koto – that worked.    Too bad they didn’t hire oyu to write their instructions manuals for one of the most popular requirements this thing is probably going to be asked to do . . . now, I move on to the “It doesn’t Power-up” problem.   I see there are solutions for that, too.  I will have to try whne I get home to use the USB cord.  Can’t do right now.

Thanks again.

PS-How is that someone thought I was asking if iTUNES supported downloading to this device??   That’s not at all what I was asking, duhhhh!!

@tradermansam wrote:

PS- How is that someone thought I was asking if iTUNES supported downloading to this device??    That’s not at all what I was asking, duhhhh!!

Maybe because of how you phrased your post:

“I added a “My iTunes Music” folder successfully, but copying and pasting or just draggin won’t get the music from iTuns on my SONY VAIO Vista Notebook to the Clip Zip.”

duhhhh!!

“copying and pasting or just draggin won’t get the music from iTuns on my SONY VAIO Vista Notebook to the Clip Zip” Yes, why would someone think you’re asking about iTunes :slight_smile:

1 Like

“It doesn’t Power-up” problem.

The Clip Zip will hang up various time. On Interrupt Database Building. Various unplugg the Device from PC.

Than Press Power Button and Hold it 22 Seconds. Leave the Button and press again short. This reset the Clip Zip.

This not Delete your Music.:slight_smile: