Replacement OEM Clip Headphones

Hello All,

I’m looking for a replacement pair of the OEM headphones that came with my black 2GB Clip.  I wrote Sansa and they don’t sell a replacement.  Rather, they directed towards a pair of aftermarket ones.  I’ve checked ebay as well…and I don’t want to purchase a new or used Clip just for the headphones.  I tried a pair of Phillips headphones, but they are no where near as loud or crisp as the original headphones.

Can anyone recommend a website that I can purchase from?  Or if anyone has an old pair laying around that would like to sell it to me, please write me offline.  I’d really, really appreciate it.

Thanks very much for your time.  And keep up the great work with this site! 

Believe it or not, the OE earbuds are surprising compared against quite a few name brand devices.  I replaced a set for one of my daughters with a $4.99 pair from Target, of all places.  They’re from Magnavox (well, they’re branded that way, at least…) and they look very similar to the originals.

I have various Sansa earbuds all over the place, of several generations.  I prefer the Clip OE buds over the Fuze OE units, and the slimmest e200 variety have the most pleasant bass and balance, for open ear types.

I have purchased Sony buds, in pretty colors and cases, and they sound thin and cheesy in comparison, so the price isn’t always reflective of the sound quality.

The original SanDisk buds are nice in that they use a silicone-jacketed cable that is soft and should last a long time.

The Clip has a very clean output, worthy of fine headphones.  It’s portability makes it ideal to have a basic set of “thrasher” phones, as I like the open ones for an occasional change of pace, or those times when I actually want to hear what’s going on around the workshop.

I prefer IEM (in ear monitor) types, as they give my ears considerably better fidelity at much lower volume, plus the ambient noise level is lower.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for your reply, Bob.  In the event I can’t locate a replacement set of OEM headphones, I’ll check out the ones at Target.  Do they perform as well as the OEM’s?  Thanks again.

I have the original earbuds for my 4GB Clip.  I’ve never used them, so they’re practically brand new if you’re interested.

All the best,

Brad

Hi Brad,

I sent you a message.

Thanks! 

@kdy151 wrote:

Hi Brad,

I sent you a message.

Thanks! 

I got it and responded back.

Thanks.

All the best,

Brad

Message sent right back.  Thanks again, Brad!

@kdy151 wrote:
Message sent right back.  Thanks again, Brad!

Got it, responded back, and e-mailed you.

Thanks!

All the best,

Brad

I’d be happy to sell my like-new OEM Clip buds, too, if anyone else wants a pair. (I think I used them twice, when I first got my Clip)

Personally, though, I think your money would be far better spent on a pair of JVC “Air Cushion” HA-FX66 IEMs. They will improve your listening experience tremendously, and can be had for under $20. You won’t believ e what you’ve been missing in bass, clarity, sharpness, etc.

@cllipman wrote:

I’d be happy to sell my like-new OEM Clip buds, too, if anyone else wants a pair. (I think I used them twice, when I first got my Clip)

Personally, though, I think your money would be far better spent on a pair of JVC “Air Cushion” HA-FX66 IEMs. They will improve your listening experience tremendously, and can be had for under $20. You won’t believ e what you’ve been missing in bass, clarity, sharpness, etc.

+1 on that.  Air Cushions are the probably the best inexpensive phones out there.  Huge improvement over the OEMs for very little cash.

The JVC “Air Cushion” HA-FX66 IEMs are a great buy and sound. I got them for 25.00 shipped and at wal-mart the jvc marshmellows for 20.00 are a good buy. The fx66 are a better buy and sound better though. I could live with the marshmellows if thats all I had. oh if you go on line to buy the marshmellows get the fx33 instead of the newer fx34. The fx33 sound better and can be bought for 9.00 shipped.

WWW.AMAZON.COM 

Message Edited by ltucci1924 on 08-21-2008 12:52 AM