Replacement Clip for Clip

I see the replacement clips here http://go.shopsansa.com/content/sansaclipreplace

are all backordered. How long has that been like that and do they plan to rectify it?

Need one.

Good luck getting one from Sansa.  You’d think that with the CLIP as part of the name and the big differentiating feature of the product, that Sansa would either properly design them or have replacements available, but sadly, neither  of these is the case.   I got tired  of waiting.   I also talked a few people out of  buying them at the Best Buy where  I work.  They asked how I liked mine and I told them the truth.  The player is great, but the support from the company stinks.

As far as my players (6 clips in total) go I still have 6 fully functional clips.  I do not agree that they are poorly designed and I think it’s a little unfair to call their support poor because they’re out of stock. 

I call 'em as I see 'em.  After 61 days of ownership the clip cracked and fell out.  There is no way to attach a simple tether to the player so I have to keep it in my pocket.   Not the most intelligent design out there - but then Apple has its own share of problems.    What do you expect for $50 bucks?   You get what you pay for and with Sansa - that’s not much.

As for service, have you noticed the number of people that have contacted Sansa to get a replacement clip?  Obviously the techs are bound to the idiotic policies of the company.    I’m pleased to hear that there is a satisfied customer.  I’ll have to  mention that to  the customers at the store…  " well there is ONE guy that likes them…"

My 9 month old Clip’s clip had a crack but still had not broken, before I traded it away. And the one I bought around Valentine’s Day doesn’t even have a crack on the clip. I think some people are just careless with their stuff :dizzy_face:

Seems like they might be MM.  But its cool because there’s 1 dude in 1 best buy who’s looking out for the careless people.

Gee! What an intelligent remark.  Unbelievable.  You have 2294 posts in this forum, yet you have nothing intelligent to say?  Get a life.   You’d think that after all that time trolling through this forum you’d see that there are a lot of people who have tried to buy replacement clips because SanDisk doesn’t honor really honor their warranty very well.   Oh Sansa Guru, maybe we should just bow down and worship the master.   With idiotic fans like you, it’s no wonder that SanDisk can keep trotting out poorly designed stuff backed by pitiful warranties.

The person who started this was trying to find out when replacements would be available.  Do you have anything INTELLIGENT to encourage or discourage their waiting?  Or do you just have more mindless dribble?  

@mquinsland wrote:

Gee! What an intelligent remark.  Unbelievable.  You have 2294 posts in this forum, yet you have nothing intelligent to say?  Get a life.   You’d think that after all that time trolling through this forum you’d see that there are a lot of people who have tried to buy replacement clips because SanDisk doesn’t honor really honor their warranty very well.   Oh Sansa Guru, maybe we should just bow down and worship the master.   With idiotic fans like you, it’s no wonder that SanDisk can keep trotting out poorly designed stuff backed by pitiful warranties.

The person who started this was trying to find out when replacements would be available.  Do you have anything INTELLIGENT to encourage or discourage their waiting?  Or do you just have more mindless dribble?  

Well, I don’t know of anywhere besides the link the OP mentioned to get a replacement clip, or else I would have mentioned it.

My response, which you didn’t approve of apparently, was aimed at your rather venomous posts #2 and #4 in this thread. And like I said…using my Clips daily,for months,  the clips didn’t break…so if yours broke in 61 days, how did you accomplish that, exactly? And you telling customers at the Best Buy where you work not to buy a Clip…what did you suggest to them as an alternative, I wonder?

I’ll concede that the clip could have been designed a little better,the spring’s contact point to the plastic clip piece should have been done differently. But as to your silly over-reaction to my post, to quote you…“Get a life” , indeed.

FWIW, other threads in the forum mention that SanDisk would (will?) do a one-time replacement of the clip, if you give them a call.   I think I saw one post mention that your Clip doesn’t even need to be under warranty, though I’m not sure.  I’m also not sure whether SanDisk keeps a supply around for this, or whether you’d have to wait the same amount of the time as the people who have backordered replacement clips.

So that being said, I don’t think we can expect one Clip owner’s experience to be the same as the other’s, with regards to the quality of the Clip hardware.  There seems to be some inconsistency there … the headphone ports and the battery lead connections are two cases in point …

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 07-27-2009 05:25 PM

Geez I didn’t mean to start a flame war :slight_smile:

I’ve had my Clip since June 07 and the clip just broke. I actually love Sandisk products, I had a 512 MB player which I upgraded to an 8 Gig Sansa then when the clip came out I got one of them too. They all still work fine.

I will call if I get a chance, thanks for the suggestion.

Meantime a dear friend sent me one so I am good for now.

I’ve had my Clip for over a year and if you have the unit clipped to you (hence the name) and have the earbuds in your ear via the cable, you are bound to get the unit caught on someting sooner or later and have the unit get yanked and the clip break. 

I searched around for the replacement part and found it by calling them (a story in it’s own right) before they changed their website.  You will no longer find it on the new site.

Here is the response I got from their people when I emailed them - for some reason I can’t imagine Apple or any other forward moving company saying something like this for a product that they activley sell (and which I had liked):

"We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for visiting shopsansa.com.

Regretfully, this item is no longer available.  Unfortunately, that is
all of the information that we have about this piece at this time.

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you.

Sincerely,
Will Badillo

go.shopsansa.com
Customer Service
866-744-1444 

csv@shopsans.com"

Well I’ll be a… they really are gone from the site, even for purchase.

Does this mean they are going to make new ones , that are a little more durable, or are people that break theirs forever SOL?

@marvin_martian wrote:

Does this mean they are going to make new ones , that are a little more durable, or are people that break theirs forever SOL?

It may not be what it appears.  They may have some temporary supply issues for that part; or are in the process of changing it’s design or supplier.  It’s probably a short-term situation.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

It may not be what it appears.  They may have some temporary supply issues for that part; or are in the process of changing it’s design or supplier.  It’s probably a short-term situation.

Changing it’s design could be a good idea, but I don’t know how cost-effective it would be. For example, the reviled new-generation iPod shuffle has an aluminum body, but its clip is stainless steel…maybe that’s why it costs as much as an 8GB Fuze, but I can’t imagine it breaking. That said, my personal Clips have never broken*crosses fingers* but I’m looking out for my peeps. :wink:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Changing it’s design could be a good idea, but I don’t know how cost-effective it would be. For example, the reviled new-generation iPod shuffle has an aluminum body, but its clip is stainless steel…maybe that’s why it costs as much as an 8GB Fuze, but I can’t imagine it breaking. That said, my personal Clips have never broken*crosses fingers* but I’m looking out for my peeps. :wink:

Yeah.  We have 2 clips and haven’t even come close in damaging the clips in any way.

Once the ‘black market’ hears that the clips on the clip are not available, they will skyrocket in price.  I can see it now…" For sale: Slightly used clip for the clip…$49.95; Get it while you can!!!"  :smileyvery-happy:

@willyammer wrote:

I’ve had my Clip for over a year and if you have the unit clipped to you (hence the name) and have the earbuds in your ear via the cable, you are bound to get the unit caught on someting sooner or later and have the unit get yanked and the clip break. 

I’ve had my cable snag on things several times, but the clip’s hold is so weak, what’s always happened is that the Clip has just come off and flown around at the end of the cable before I snatch it out of the air.  Luckily the headphone jack is snug (as has been discussed many times in this forum), and the Clip hasn’t actually banged into anything while in mid-flight, which would probably cause a battery lead to detach (also discussed many times in this forum).

Your experience may vary.

:robotwink:

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 08-07-2009 07:19 PM

I had called the sansa help desk a few months ago when my clip broke…I was told they replace the clip only if it was broken in the package before it was opened. They refused to send me a free replacement and said I could buy one off their website. Oh and by the way, I didn’t “mistreat” mine…it cracked then became completely useless. Please let me know if anyone finds replacements since I still need one…they were out of stock when I tried before.

I just did a live chat with Sansa a few minutes ago to ask where I can buy a replacement clip for my CLIP.  Basically the person said, they do not have it in stock and referred me to www.daydeal.com or search Google.  Either one did not show any listing for a replacement clip.

I actually used my clip for over a year VERY CAREFULLY, not even once did I accidentally pulled it away from my shirt, but yet it developed a crack next to the spring which I would expect to end up breaking off.

I love this player, but it will be useless without a working clip. The thing is, I’m not expecting Sansa to replace it for free… I’m willing to pay for it!

This is and has been such a repeated issue, I wish that SanDisk just would order up a box of replacement clips and have them around to fix matters …

@miikerman wrote:
This is and has been such a repeated issue, I wish that SanDisk just would order up a box of replacement clips and have them around to fix matters …

Agreed.  It’s one thing to discontinue the product, another to take what is a weak-spot of the design and leave customers high and dry when they try to BUY the replacement part.  Another example of poor Sandisk customer support/service.  At $10+shipping for 3 clips it wasn’t like they were giving them away.