Refreshing media randomly all the time

My sandisk sansa fuze keeps refreshing my media all the time. It mostly happens when pressing the back button, but sometimes it happens just when I’m listening to a song. It’s beginning to get really annoying.

Call SanDisk Tech Support. If it’s found defective (and it sounds like it is) and it’s under warranty (1 year US) they’ll replace it for you.

Hi Tapeworm, I’m afraid it’s no longer under warranty. Could this be a dodgy firmware issue rather than a faulty product.

It’s worked fine for over a year up until now…

@bataleon27 wrote:

Hi Tapeworm, I’m afraid it’s no longer under warranty. Could this be a dodgy firmware issue rather than a faulty product.

It’s worked fine for over a year up until now…

It’s certainly possible, and easy enough to check and/or fix; just re-install the firmware manually as described in this post.

But having said that, I don’t think it’s a firmware issue, as no one else has ever described these symptoms here before. It sounds more like a hardware issue.

But, by all means try it. I’ve been known to be wrong before. :smiley:

Do you have a microSD card mounted?  If there’s an intermittent connection, the Fuze willimmediately refresh, thinking that thete’s been a change of the card.

Often, simply removing the card, then reinstalling it, will wipe the contact surfaces clean.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

It’s a mechanical problem. The back button is right over the microSD card. With age and use, I think the card slot loosens up so that if you press the back button too hard, it breaks the card connection and then refreshes. This happens to me. My workaround: press the inside rim of the wheel, not the outer edge, when you want to go back.