Problems seemingly to do with Sansa Updater

Ok, I’ve got a problem.

I use Napster from downloading music and today I tried to download some more music for my Sandisk Sansa Fuze, but it said my device wasn’t registered. Also, the device name wasn’t the usual “Sandisk SansaFuze 8GB” but “SANDISK”.

When I tried to open the device using Mu Computer, it wasn’t called “Sandisk SansaFuze 8GB” again, and when I opened it, all my music from Napster was gone!

I was panicking, so turned my device on normally and all my music was there. So it can’t read the files on the computer, but they’re definitly on it.

Also, all the folders inside the device (on the computer) have been renamed in capital letters.

The only thing I’ve done recently is downloaded “Sansa Updater”, is that something to do with it?

Need some help! 

Go to Settings/System Settings/USB Mode and try both MSC and MTP. The update may have switched the mode. Your computer only see music transferred via one mode at a time–the Fuze sees both. I don’t know which one Napster wants, but it’s probably there in the other mode.

Black-Rectangle wrote:
Go to Settings/System Settings/USB Mode and try both MSC and MTP. The update may have switched the mode. Your computer only see music transferred via one mode at a time–the Fuze sees both. I don’t know which one Napster wants, but it’s probably there in the other mode.

Beings that Napster is a ‘pay-to-play’ music service, I would think the player would need to be in MTP mode. I agree the Updater could have switched the USB mode back to the default Auto in which case it could be connecting in MSC mode.

Your USB mode was switched to MSC.  Files transferred in MTP (Napster) are not visible while in the alternate mode, but the files are still on your device, you just can’t see them from the host PC.

On the device, go to Settings > System Settings > USB mode > MTP to restore order to the Cosmos.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: