problem with audiobooks

I have a Sansa Clip+.  I downloaded book from audiblebooks.com. to my computer using their softrware.  It syncs with my Sansa and downloads the book.  I see it in the menu under audiobooks, but when I try to play it, nothing happens.  It’s loaded in the .AA format, what am I doing wrong.  HELP.

Have you first authorized your Clip using the Audible Manager? 

And did you make sure your player was set to MTP mode so that the licensing keys and permissions are transferred to the player via Audible’s software?

I talked to sandisk support, tried different formats,but they got me squared away.  They had me run thru the activation in the manager again, and format in the enhanced mode.  It works fine now.  I want to thank you all for your help.

@deebo5 wrote:

I talked to sandisk support, tried different formats,but they got me squared away.  They had me run thru the activation in the manager again, and format in the enhanced mode.  It works fine now.  I want to thank you all for your help.

I’d like to know what this is. It’s the first time I’ve ever heard of an enhanced mode

@tapeworm wrote:

I’d like to know what this is. It’s the first time I’ve ever heard of an enhanced mode

It’s the latest format offered by Audible. 

@miikerman wrote:


@tapeworm wrote:

I’d like to know what this is. It’s the first time I’ve ever heard of an enhanced mode


It’s the latest format offered by Audible. 

Ahh . . . since DeeBo5 said they talked to SanDisk support (and not Audible), I assumed they were referring to a formatting procedure on the device itself.

Actually, it’s also a new SanDisk Clip mode to get broadcast TV on the new Clip Zip screen. :wink: