Problem Transferring Songs to Device...

Ok here’s what happened:

I put songs and pics onto my Sansa Connect (from my computer). Some of the songs, I mannually put into the Sansa Connect folder, and some I synced with Windows Media Player (WMP). Everything worke fine, and I could listen to my songs as well as view my pictures on teh device. I unplugged the device. Later, I plugged the device back into my computer. My cmputer prompted me on what to do. I chose to open the Sansa Connect folder containing the files. Well, that caused my computer to freeze. So, wehn my computer unfroze, I unplugged the device and plugged it back again. When the computer prompted me this time, I chose to sync files unsing WMP. WMP opened up, but it didn’t detect my Sansa Connect, so I refreshed the player, but it still didn’t detect my device. I decided to run Rescue and Recovery on the device. It was successful. So, I opened the Sansa Connect folder and I was able to put music and pictures onto my device again. But, when I unplugged the device and plugged it back again, the problems started all over again! What do I do so that I can put songs onto my device without having to run rescue and recovery on it everytime I want to put new files onto it?? Thanks.

Ok, nevermind. I had been putting it into sleep mode, when I should have turned it off.

Sometimes the unit will freeze when it has been put in sleep mode then reconnected to the USB cable.  As you have discovered, rebooting the device often solves this issue.  The following additional actions may further improve reliability and stability:

1. Verify you have the latest version of Windows Media Player 11.  Early versions had a buggy MTP driver which is used to communicate with the Connect.   Go to the main menu and click Help>Check for Updates.

2. Apply the WMP hotfix related to MTP recognition issues by following this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935552/en-us

1. Confirm you have the latest firmware revision for your Connect.  On your device go to Settings>Info>Software Versions.  The latest firmware version is ZAP: 1.1.1.50371r.  If you have an earlier version, establish a WiFi connection on your Connect, and it will automatically update in 20-30 minutes.

Also, please review the FAQs.

The new User Manual, FAQs and utilities are posted at www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1619.

The FAQs are very insightful and can jump start your experience with the Sansa Connect.

Have tried the link a number of times.  first received link fron support but did not work.

Have 32 bit in Vista Home Premium still no luck.  Installed link and get message not installed completely.

Have New sansa e250 MP3 does not show on computer. Bought Dec 07.

Do have two other e250 MP3 bought mid 2007 1 connects 1 does adhoc.

When plugged in do not receive portable device window as would you would when plugging in CD or other devices.

Trying to install playlists to new unit but with out connecting its frustrating.

Any info and help would be appreciated.

Ta Lisashane

R U using Vista?  32 Bit.

How did you get the songs on in the first place?

I cannot get it to connect.

Lisashane - you should post your question in the e200 forum. This is Sansa Connect product forum.

but also check the suggestions for WMP hotfixes from *BRIAN* in

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=connect&thread.id=941

Message Edited by Greig on 01-03-2008 10:19 AM