Problem connecting to computer

This morning I was going to load some files to my Fuze, plugged in and waited and waited. No computer beep, no sign of the Fuze in My Computer. Unplugged and tried again, still no connection. Rebooted the computer and tried again, no luck. Did the hard reset on the Fuze (hold on switch for 10 sec), still couldn’t connect.

Now the only way I can connect is to click “scan for hardware changes” in The Device Manager. This does connect every time but still can’t auto-connect by just plugging the Fuze in.

Do you think it is the Fuze of my computer?

Amber

Its probably your computer. What Operating System and Service Pack are you using?

@conversionbox wrote:
Its probably your computer. What Operating System and Service Pack are you using?

I have Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3.

I tried connecting a USB flash drive, it auto-connects just fine but the Fuze won’t.

Amber

Go to the fuze, go to Settings> System Settings> Usb Mode> MSC. See if it will connect then. Do you have windows media player installed?

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 02-23-2009 12:49 PM

@conversionbox wrote:
Go to the fuze, go to Settings> System Settings> Usb Mode> MSC. See if it will connect then. Do you have windows media player installed?
Message Edited by Conversionbox on 02-23-2009 12:49 PM

It won’t auto-connect in any mode (AutoDetect,  MSC or MTP), it was originally set to AutoDetect. It will connect in any mode after clicking scan for new hardware in Device Manager. USB flash drives connects fine.

I have Windows Media Player version 11 installed.

Amber

HMM. What changed? Something is different from the last time you connected. What is it?

@conversionbox wrote:
HMM. What changed? Something is different from the last time you connected. What is it?

It was connecting OK last night. I turned the computer off when I went to bed. Turned it on this morning, checked out a few web sites, then tried to connect the Fuze. It won’t auto-connect today. I have to manually scan for new hardware to get it to connect.

Amber

Something changed. I dont know what. Did you download anything or install anything including new windows updates? You may need to do a system restore on your PC, but only as a last resort.