Podcast Play Order

I bought a Clip on Black Friday from Best Buy ($35).  I like it because it’s small and is easy to work with.  I also have a Zune I’ve had for a while.

I download a four part (one for each hour) podcast from finebaum.com daily but am confused as to how to get them to play in the order they are recorded.

If I download in order and transfer to the Clip, they show up in reverse order (4, 3, 2, 1) and would play through in that order (not what I want).  I have changed the track numbers in the file properties to 8, 7, 6, 5 and then transfer - they show up in the correct order and play through each.

That’s a little more work than I want to do each day.

Is there a setting somewhere that will do what I want?  I don’t see anything in settings or podcast settings - and nothing in the manual.

Thanks

Fixed in next firmware in a few weeks.

Thanks, I can deal with that…

@mio1944 wrote:

I download a four part (one for each hour) podcast from finebaum.com daily but am confused as to how to get them to play in the order they are recorded.

If I download in order and transfer to the Clip, they show up in reverse order (4, 3, 2, 1) and would play through in that order (not what I want).

If you let them transfer into the Clip this way, just scroll down and start part 1 first(the one on the bottom) and they will play through in the proper order…I do this all the time  :wink:

Thanks.  I have the latest firmware on my Clip.  My experience is that I play the bottom item (part 1), it simply ends after the play is done.

If I renumber the tracks in reverse order, they appear correctly and play through correctly.

Earlier reply said they would be fixing in a few weeks…

I know they are podcasts but put them in the Audiobooks folder which plays them in correct order.  You might need to remove/change the Genre tag from Podcast to anything else because I’m not sure which has precedence, Genre or folder location.  I hope this makes sense.

Thanks, I will try that with tonight’s downloads…

Thanks for the suggestion…

Last night I copied the folder with the four files into audiobooks and the clip is playing in order.  I didn’t have to change the genre…

Again, Thanks