New to Sansa Clip 4 Gig

I just purchased my 4 Gig Clip and am finding it interesting. I have a couple of questions for the experts:

1. when I load podcasts the order is reversed is there  something I’m doing wrong?

2. play back of podcasts and audiobooks should they progress by themselves or do I really need to advance them manually?

I’m sure I 'll get the answers I seek so Please accept my thanks in advance.

Jerry

@phobius wrote:

I just purchased my 4 Gig Clip and am finding it interesting. I have a couple of questions for the experts:

1. when I load podcasts the order is reversed is there  something I’m doing wrong?
  1. play back of podcasts and audiobooks should they progress by themselves or do I really need to advance them manually?

I’m sure I 'll get the answers I seek so Please accept my thanks in advance.

Jerry

Reversed in what way? If you mean Newest to oldest that is the way it is supposed to be (Todays podcast plays before yesterdays). And they should automatically advance (at least they do on other players). I dont have any podcasts on my clip yet so I cant say 100% but I would bet money on auto advance.

Thanks

The show I put on comes in three parts Hours 1 ,2 and 3. When I load them in that order they appear correct on the computer, however they play 3,2,1 and I have to advance them manually. kinda hard some times. I’ve tried to load them 3,2,1 but that doesn’t work either.

Thanks

Jerry

With things like that you need to edit the id3tag that is part of the mp3 file. Search the boards for how to do that. I dont know why it makes you manually advance unless you are having to advnce backward (So The First part of the podcast is last on the list, then you have to hit back, to get it to play the second, and so on). 

The inverted podcast order is a known issue, and was common to the Fuze; the podcast order was inverted (newest-oldest).  This should be corrected in the future.

As a workaround, you can change the podcast genre to “audiobook”, and they will list in the correct order, though they will be available in the audiobook folder.

The “flopped” podcasts drove me crazy on the Fuze versus the e200.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Neutron_Bob  Thanks that will solve my problems.

Jerry

No, that’s not the way it’s supposed to be. Yesterdays podcast should play before today’s. 

If you watch a tv series do you start at the end of the season and work backwards? 

I hate this ‘feature’; I won’t buy another clip because of it. 

Reversed in what way? If you mean Newest to oldest that is the way it is supposed to be (Todays podcast plays before yesterdays). And they should automatically advance (at least they do on other players). I dont have any podcasts on my clip yet so I cant say 100% but I would bet money on auto advance.

Time to sit back for a moment and have a coffee.  The inverted podcast order refers to placing the current podcast on top, with previous 'casts below.  This is backwards from the real world, yes?

The podcast order was fixed, meaning that they are listed in chronological order.  This way, the player will advance chronologically between the individual episodes, like it is supposed to be.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: