PLEASE HELP! CANT CONVERT PLEASE REPLY AND GIVE ME A BETTER WAY TO CONVERT MY VIDEOS PLEASE

HI EVERY TIME ON SANSA MEDIA CONVERTER I ADD A VIDEO  THEN I CLICK CONVERT,AN ERROR MESSAGE COMES UP AND SAYS THIS AN ILLEGAL INSTRUCTION,PLEASE HELP,OR IS THERE A BETTER WAY TO CONVERT MY VIDEOS FROM COPUTER TO MY SANSA VIEW.

check my sig and see if that works for you. Make sure to download the free one, and have the rez at 320x240 (i use vid bitrate 384 or close to that and audio 128kbps /44100khz)

ok so what video file to i convert it to last time i did ntsc and it had errors so which is the right one

ok so what video format do i convert it to,last time i converted to ntsc and i had alot of errors,so which is the right one

.mp4

IIIII LOVEEE U MANNN(NO HOMO)THANK UUUUUUUUUUU SOSOSOSOS MUCH U HAVE HELPED ME ALOT,:smiley: I VERY APPRECIATED

maybe you can help me, i got that .avi file that im trying to convert for my e260. Ive been trying to put any video on it for the past 2 days and i still didnt figure out how to make it work. i know i have to convert my .avi to .mov but that all i know.

Miow wrote:
maybe you can help me, i got that .avi file that im trying to convert for my e260. Ive been trying to put any video on it for the past 2 days and i still didnt figure out how to make it work. i know i have to convert my .avi to .mov but that all i know.

0-Read the manual.

1- install the software

2- plug in the mp3 player to the computer

3- use the software to put the videos onto mp3 player

i too have an e260 and have the same problem. I can’t upload videos to my device. Even when I use the media converter, it doesn’t let me put videos on my machine. And it doesn’t even give a real reason. The reason is “file was not written” or something dumb like that. I even did what the above person said and I even tried that any video converter but it seems no matter what I do I cannot put videos on my player.

Did you use MSC or MTP mode ?

Try MTP USB mode - wait to see you E2xx to show on the left part of the tool, then do the conversion.

However, if you’re not using the converter, you will not be able to copy VIDEO from your PC directly to the E2xx while on MTP USB mode. If you want to do such type of copy, you need to be in MSC mode.

THIS IS ONLY FOR VIDEO…

For music, you can use both USB mode, but if it’s possible, try to use only one of the two modes to keep things clean. 

i’m like technologically deficient. how do you switch between the different USB modes?

You can read the manual :smileyvery-happy: to learn how…

But go to your sansa menu, choose Settings then USB MODE then choose MTP. If you don’t have that in your menu, it means you don’t have the latest firmware for your Sansa (and should update).

Hi APIX,

Yep, you are correct.  When I use Any Video Converter and convert my MPG’s or WMV’s that Sandisk’s Media Converter 2 won’t, then I use Media Converter 2, it works.  Intersting that file size is based on length of time of the video, NOT the original file size that of course differed when comparing SAME time video with one being an MPEG and the other a WMV.

So, do you think with Sandisk will add a little more to their whopping 86 MB converter to shut us all up and possibly have more business?  Boy they know how to make and sell Flash drives.  That is about it!

Thanks again.

Ira

Can this same software be used for putting still pictures on my Sansa e260? Thanks for any help I can get.

The Sansa software converts pics, not sure about other software…

I installed the “Any Video Converter” and put the files into .MP4 format. I have a Sansa e280 Rhapsody. Whenever I try to drag or copy and paste the files on it says that "The File is not supported on this device. This device can only accept audio, playlist, audio album, and folder files. What should I do? Whenever I use the media converter it changes the language. I am out of ideas so please help!

Message Edited by UTBlueDevil on 01-12-2008 12:32 PM

Change the USB mode on the Sansa to copy other filetypes over. 

What language do you usually use for Windows? What language does it change to?

I dragged the finished .mp4 into the video folder on my sansa, but when i turn it on, it doesn’t show up in the videos list help! ty

It needs to be formatted correctly- how did you convert it?

i used the anyvideoconverter, the one apix posted