No Video Audio

I have a Sansa e260 4GB that I got yesterday, it works fine except for everytime I upload videos, there’s no sound.

The two videos that I have on my Sansa at the moment are in MPEG format. On the computer, they load fine, full sound, no skipping or anything. The video quality itself on the Sansa is wonderful, just no audio. And both videos are under 6 minutes. I tried searching the site and did not come up with anything of use.

Help anyone?

Nevermind, I got it to work. I just converted the video from MPEG to Avi and then let the Media Converter change it to play on my Sansa. I also had to change the name of my file from a bunch of words with an apostrophe to just one word with no strange symbols.

I guess this should stay up to help someone else! :smiley:

How do you change it to Avi?

used a video converter

A good free one is Virtual Dub - although it is NOT user friendly

I am having the same problem but it seems odd that we would have to convert all our videos to avi when mpeg is supported??? Is mpg not supported?

thanks.

lowcrawl

After searching the internet I found the following blog that seems to address this issue.  I haven’t tried to install the recommended application yet but will tonight.

~lowcrawl

HOWTO: Play MPEG VX Movies on Your Sansa e200

I have a Sony DSC-H5 camera, which does nice (640×480) videos, in MPEG VX format. I recently got a Sansa e250 MP3 player that also does video. So, of course, I wanted to be able to load my home movies onto it.

But when I tried converting a movie from my camera (using the convertor software supplied with the Sansa), the movie did not have any sound.

After discussing the matter with Sandisk tech support (polite, fast, and generally helpful), the answer that I ended up with was “that video format is not supported”. Hmm. Not very good.

After a bit of Googling, though, I found an answer. The Videora iPod Convertor converts most video formats to MOV (the format used by both the iPod Video and the Sansa). Running the output file through the Sansa Media Convertor gives you a movie that DOES have sound.

Solved!

Also, you can try using the K-Lite codec pack (Search google for it!) … its solved EVERY issue i have had with media convert

@lowcrawl wrote:

After searching the internet I found the following blog that seems to address this issue.  I haven’t tried to install the recommended application yet but will tonight.

~lowcrawl

HOWTO: Play MPEG VX Movies on Your Sansa e200

I have a Sony DSC-H5 camera, which does nice (640×480) videos, in MPEG VX format. I recently got a Sansa e250 MP3 player that also does video. So, of course, I wanted to be able to load my home movies onto it.

But when I tried converting a movie from my camera (using the convertor software supplied with the Sansa), the movie did not have any sound.

After discussing the matter with Sandisk tech support (polite, fast, and generally helpful), the answer that I ended up with was “that video format is not supported”. Hmm. Not very good.

After a bit of Googling, though, I found an answer. The Videora iPod Convertor converts most video formats to MOV (the format used by both the iPod Video and the Sansa). Running the output file through the Sansa Media Convertor gives you a movie that DOES have sound.

Solved!

**Could you explain a little bit more about how do you convert with the “Videora iPod Converter”? Because It looks like you use both to convert the videos right?

I will appreciate your answer…**