Playlist?..

I have the Sansa Express 2.0GB version right? Well I’m just curious how do I create another playlist?.. Cause yes, it comes with ‘The Go’ list but I want more than one playlist. Is it possible to create one?..

and another question…

It says on the manuel on the disc that comes with it how to delete a song from the playlist, but it doesn’t work for me. The whole ‘highlight the song’ thing doesn’t work. Is this just me or is it happening with you too?

You can use any media player to make them.

You can create a playlist for your Sansa Express using Windows Media Player 10 and Windows Media Player 11.

Please watch the linked How-To Video which gives audible and visual instructions on how to add a playlist to your player.

Playlist with WMP10

Playlist with WMP11

For some reason, usually after I connect my sansa express to the computer, my playlists clear. Do you happen to know why?.. Like, before it had maybe 40 songs on it, then after I connected it to the computer and I turn it on the playlist was empty.

Why & how can I change that?

here is a guide about how to make playlist  =p…

Guide
 Video

Luck :wink:

Message Edited by Ron_Nitro on 08-18-2007 07:34 PM

… No, I KNOW already how to do that.

For some reason, usually after I connect my sansa express to the computer, my playlists clear. Do you happen to know why?.. Like, before it had maybe 40 songs on it, then after I connected it to the computer and I turn it on the playlist was empty.

Why & how can I change that?

If you would only read that properly. How do I fix the problem? … [NOTE;; PROBLEM = PLAYLISTS EMPTY OUT THEMSELVES WITHOUT ME PUSHING ‘CLEAR GO LIST’ AFTER I CONNECT TO THE COMPUTER/LISTEN FOR TOO LONG]

mmm
Are u talking about “Go List” or Another playList?
if the problem is The
Go List is you may solve this making New palylist(Probably your Sansa Express is reseted while is conected or disconected, that clear the Go List)…

Windows Media Player 10 or WMP11, ?
Your Sansa Express is detected as MTP Device?

providing all the information that we need to help you, works best.  Yelling at them gets you nowhere quick :frowning:

Yeah, half this forum is brain dead. I asked a question about drivers and detailed the steps I went through and I got a thank you and “Durrr. Update the firmware or something equally obvious” not in those exact words but you see what I’m getting at. I don’t even bother making playlists. Its too much hassle to sync. I wish it would just read m3u files. Sorry I couldn’t be any help.

Message Edited by discordjack on 09-10-2007 12:09 AM

I do not know if this will help you as I’am still experimenting with this, but I had copied some MP3’s to the Express [using Windows XP, not the Media Player], I had then highlighted the files and did a right click (in the Express dir - not the hard drive) and it gave me the option to create a playlist - which I then did, I then looked in the playlist and all the tracks were there, I had to move 2 to the bottom.

I have not had the chance to try the playlist, which I plan on doing once I finish the Audio Book I’am listening to.

When I find out more I will let you know.

I changed the name of the playlist to the name of the album, and have played the MP3's in it.

I have not tried to create another playlist yet, however when you go into the playlist option it has both my created playlist as well as the Go List so it should have no problem with multiple playlists.

You can have several playlists - all the playlists go into the same playlist section.

Message Edited by StarHunter5 on 09-13-2007 09:45 PM

Message Edited by StarHunter5 on 09-14-2007 09:51 PM

I’m having the same trouble as Lisa. New to the 4Gb player, and have tried to create playlists with WMP 11 and Rhapsody v4, but all playlists end up in a hodge-podge on the player. The only playlist in the Playlists window is the Go-list. Please advise how to get the player to recognize separate playlists…

I think thath the biggest problem when your dealing with adding playlists in Media Player, and the Sansa Express overall

is thath you dont gett thath view over the folder-tree how the file structure accually looks on the harddrive, instead you must use search function to find right files

And a bigger problem on top of thath becomes when you can nore play the songs you have allready added to the player, ore use “copy” on the titles and search my harddrives for the real files and then preview it

There should have been a real “Media studio” with autentic file-tree where you could preview eatch allready added track with just a klick, preview procces is to innefective now,  feels to splitted up in to long procceses just to be able figure out what japanses title-song you have allready added

anyone agree?

Message Edited by Kloppstock on 10-20-2007 05:39 AM

I tried the links that Ron provided re the WMP11 guide/videos and got Spanish language instructions. Do you have them in English? thanks. 

@sarainelkins wrote:
I tried the links that Ron provided re the WMP11 guide/videos and got Spanish language instructions. Do you have them in English? thanks. 

For playlist instructions, try the links provided by the Sandisk Moderator in message number 3.

And, here is the link to the “How to Video” page on the Sandisk website for a full listing of the videos.

http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1468