No files but the device is full?

I have the dreaded “Not enough space for Music DB, please free 90mb”. I checked the device and it has no files but only 2.1mb free.

I deleted the mtable.sys file and looked in the MUSIC folder, there was nothing there, there used to be before this issue but now there is not.

I have held the power switch on for 20 seconds, no luck. I have put the switch in the hold position, held down the centre button and plugged int he USB cable, no luck.

Does anyone know what I should do now? I was thinking of using the computer to format it and then putting the latest firmware in the root folder.

hazza wrote:

I have the dreaded “Not enough space for Music DB, please free 90mb”. I checked the device and it has no files but only 2.1mb free.

I deleted the mtable.sys file and looked in the MUSIC folder, there was nothing there, there used to be before this issue but now there is not.

I have held the power switch on for 20 seconds, no luck. I have put the switch in the hold position, held down the centre button and plugged int he USB cable, no luck.

Does anyone know what I should do now? I was thinking of using the computer to format it and then putting the latest firmware in the root folder.

Ouch Dude! Try running Chkdsk on the player while its hooked to the PC and try to let that fix the corrupted FAT. IF that dont work then maybe Try using the computer to format it then before you update use the onboard Format function. Then once you update format using the onboard function again. Everybody I have seen with this problem is dealing with corrupted FAT.

That was it, I ran a file system check and deleted all the paritial files. I then copied the new firmware and all is well in the world again.

Glad it worked but thank c1u31355 he posted the solution HERE! I just remembered where to look it up.