"Not Enough space for music DB" message

Hi everyone,

My player isn’t able to start up because I’m getting the message- “not enough space for music DB. Please free 90MB.” I don’t think I’m at capacity because I only have 255 songs on the player. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have an SD card in the player? I’ve tried moving music onto the card and it still gives me the same message. Any suggestions? I thought that maybe the files I accidentally deleted were still on there, but I’ve tried to recover them to no avail.

Cheers,

Miriam.

@mkatz wrote:

Hi everyone,

My player isn’t able to start up because I’m getting the message- “not enough space for music DB. Please free 90MB.” I don’t think I’m at capacity because I only have 255 songs on the player. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have an SD card in the player? I’ve tried moving music onto the card and it still gives me the same message. Any suggestions? I thought that maybe the files I accidentally deleted were still on there, but I’ve tried to recover them to no avail.

Cheers,

Miriam.

Basically, you have one or more corrupted files on the player (or the card). Take the card out, and if you still get the message when you turn the player on, then you’ll have to format the player and reload your music. If you don’t get the message, then the corrupt file is on the card, and then format the card.

Yeah, what he said. Smiley

Here’s the SanDisk Support Knowledgebase Article on the subject.

I’m not able to format the player because after I get that message, the player turns off completely. Also, I have a Mac and it doesn’t have the same kind of commands as a PC. 

@tapeworm wrote:

Yeah, what he said. Smiley

+2

@mkatz wrote:

I’m not able to format the player because after I get that message, the player turns off completely. Also, I have a Mac and it doesn’t have the same kind of commands as a PC. 

There has to be a way to format on a Mac even though the commands are different from a Windows PC.  Formatting is a very basic function.

From Sandisk’s Knowledge Database:

Formatting the Sansa player on a Mac OS 10.6

Also, look on the bottom of the webpage under “related answers” for more info on formatting on a Mac.

Do we need a larger storage for this?To prevent this issue?

@doughlas789 wrote:

Do we need a larger storage for this?To prevent this issue?

No, more storage makes no difference. It is corrupt files that cause the problem.