Not enough space for music Db. Please free 90mb.

Ok so I know this question has been asked a lot of times.  I’ve tried all the solutions you guys have already answered to this problem (not enough space for music Db. Please free 90mb) but my Sansa Fuze still does not respond.  I held down the power button to re-format it.  I went to ‘My Computer’ on my Windows XP and still found nothing.  My Sansa Fuze does not stay on at all.  The only time it stays on is when it’s connected to the USB port and shows that it’s charging.  I use Rhapsody and when I connect it,  it usually shows what I have in my internal and external memory.  Now it only shows my external memory and nothing for my internal only that I’ve used 1.9mb and have only 1.7mb. left.  I want to listen to my music.  Please help! Thanks.

Holding down the power button does not format the unit. If you do format it, you are going to lose all the music.

Before that, try ChkDsk.

just erase some files until you re 90mb happen to me before

@delonh24 wrote:
just erase some files until you re 90mb happen to me before

Thats not always the solution, because over filling the player is not always the cause of this problem. Just deleting some songs would be the first thing I would try but if your fuze is still pretty empty then that wont help. Running the chkdsk utility is the best solution if you know you didnt over fill the player.

Ok, so I did ChkDsk.  It said that there was nothing wrong with my device.  So do you have any other suggestions?  I erased all the music from my external drive.  But I still cannot get into my internal drive and the same message keeps coming up and shutting down my device. How can I just format it from my computer?  I’ll just add my music again.

@dodgergrl79 wrote:

Ok, so I did ChkDsk.  It said that there was nothing wrong with my device.  So do you have any other suggestions?  I erased all the music from my external drive.  But I still cannot get into my internal drive and the same message keeps coming up and shutting down my device. How can I just format it from my computer?  I’ll just add my music again.

Format it useing windows, then start it up and format again from the settings menu on the fuze.

I was using my Fuze successfully in MSC mode for a long time, then suddenly got this message after updating some content. Deleting music files didn’t help.

What did work for me was to delete the MTABLE.SYS file and then disconnect from the computer.

Caveat: I do not guarantee it will work for anybody else. Make sure you have backups of all files before trying this.

Mtable.sys is the database file–the index of what is on the Fuze, from reading the ID3 tags. You can delete it with no problems–the Fuze will build a new one when it disconnects and reboots. Sometimes that’s a good way to get rid of old info that the unit is holding on to.

“NOT ENOUGH SPACE FOR MUSIC DB. PLEASE FREE SOME 90 MB” IS THE ONLY THING IT DOES . WAS WORKING FINE ONE DAY, NEXT DAY , THIS ALL I GET ON SCREEN ,THEN SHUTS DOWN. LIKE THESE OTHER PEOPLE, I’VE TRIED EVERYTHING I KNOW, & HEARD ,NO CHANGES.  PLEASE HELP ME, THANK YOU,   BART

@superstone wrote:

“NOT ENOUGH SPACE FOR MUSIC DB. PLEASE FREE SOME 90 MB” IS THE ONLY THING IT DOES . WAS WORKING FINE ONE DAY, NEXT DAY , THIS ALL I GET ON SCREEN ,THEN SHUTS DOWN. LIKE THESE OTHER PEOPLE, I’VE TRIED EVERYTHING I KNOW, & HEARD ,NO CHANGES.  PLEASE HELP ME, THANK YOU,   BART

There is a SanDisk KnowledgeBase article on this very issue:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/848/kw/not%20enough%20space%20for%20music

It’s generally Solution #2.