Need help- "USB Device Not Recognized"

Well, I’m going to throw my hat into the ring.  I’ve read all of the posts and I too have problems seening my Clip in MSC and MTP mode.  The last time I added files was about two weeks ago.  Tonight I plugged my Clip into my Dell running Windows XP SP2 and nothin’.  Well, it did show that it was charging but it did not show up in My Computer as a Clip or drive letter.  I am very computer savvy and went into my hardware manager thinking that it would show there, but nope.  I attempted to enter in MSC mode to no avail.  I reset the player by holding the on switch up for 15+ seconds.  Then tried a menued reset.  When that didn’t work, I tried to reformat, which wiped all of my songs off (now I have a pristine, non-accessible Clip).  I downloaded the Firmware updater (my ver is .11A so there is no usb option in the settings menu) hoping that it would see my device and rescue it.  But again, nope.  Any other suggestions??  Thanks

Texas_Friend

Wish I had some suggestions for you but I do not. Based on the comments I’ve gotten and what I’ve tried, I’ve given up and returned mine to the store yesterday. I too have a lot of experience with PC’s and Windows, but nothing I’ve tried has worked. :cry:

I need help too, and I’ve probe this forum for anything that could help me.

I’ve tried:

1.) Slide to hold, middle button hold and plugging in technique

2.) Formatting my mp3 player several times

3.) Tried different Operating systems (I’m on Vista)

4.) Tried 4 different computers

5.) Tried some different cables

6.) Downloaded the updated firmwire

Ok so the problem is that none of the computers I tried wouldn’t recognize my mp3 player. I have version 11A and can’t update it if my computer wont recognize it, yes I’ve tried to use the slide hold, middle button thing so you won’t have to ask and it still won’t show up. I thought it was my computer or usb cable but I’ve tried on many computers with many cables but nothing helped. And I can’t reinstall WMP 11 cause I’m on VIsta.

I just bought my SANSA Clip and was having the same problems you have been having…“Not recognized by computer”…“charging problem with USB port”.  What seems to have worked for me is:

• disconnect SANSA and turn it off then slid the switch to “hold”.

• while holding the center “select button” reconnect the SANSA and wait (it may take a few minutes for your computer to recognize it…hopefully it does).

- download Firmware version V01.01.20 to your desktop (it will show up as a ZIP FILE "clip01.01.20a).  Double click on the ZIP FILE and you will see the application “m300a”

- Open the “SANSA CLIP” folder ( you will see other applications like “RES_INFO”, “SYS_CONF”, and "version.sdk).

• drag and drop the “m330a” application in that folder and you should see it writing to you SANSA.

Hope this helps!

pas721

Personally I just bought my Sansa Clip today and had the same problems, upgraded the firmware and when it turned off after the firmware upgrade it no longer turns on at all. Not with the power switch, not when plugged in, not at all. Anyone have any ideas?

Try holding the power switch in the UP position for 15-30 seconds. If it doesn’t come on, something very bad must have happened during the FW upgrade and it’s “bricked”.

I have had the same issue of not being able to copy to the device or have it recognized. Per a recommendation in a support ticket I got, I connected it via MSC mode (on an older desktop with Windows MediaPlayer 9 as it is not recognized on my laptop anymore) and tried to format via Window’s Disk Manager and My Computer… the format fails and reports 3 “bad blocks”. The support rep says that the device will need to be replaced and recommend I return to the place of purchase (otherwise they can send a replacement but it will take longer).

Settings>USB Mode>MSC on the clip.  This worked for me!!