My "sansa clip 2GB" dosent charge or connect to the computer!

My “sansa clip 2GB” dosent charge or connect to the computer!

I tried this sulotion: “turn your clip off. put the slider in the hold or lock position. press and hold the center button on your clip. continue to hold while attaching the usb to your clip. keep holding the center button as clip powers up. after appox. 12-15 seconds, your computer should read the clip”

but it dosent worked. When i attach it by usb it shows “connected” but it dosent charge and the computer dosent know it.I love it so much, please help me :frowning:

Have you tried a different USB port or computer?

Very good points! :slight_smile:

I changed my setting to MSC and I noticed that when I went to My Computer, it was finally recognizing the Sansa Clip. I did that because I read this in the manual:

Auto Detect or MTP mode - The ability to change between Auto Detect and MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) mode for the Sansa Clip Zip MP3 player is found under device system settings when USB Mode is highlighted. Auto Detect (best) and MTP mode are used for Windows Media Player functionality. Be sure that either Auto Detect or MTP mode is selected to connect to a Windows computer.

If your player does not connect:

1.  Unplug the player

2.  Select Settings

3.  Select System Settings

4.  Select USB Mode

5.  Change the USB Mode from Auto Detect to MSC

6.  Plug your player back into your PC

After doing this, the window on the clip soon went dark and I could not tell if it was charging, so I left it plugged in to the computer for a while because the computer was still recognizing it. When i went back and checked it, the clip was fully charged. I think that a lot of people thingk that the computer is not charging the clip because the window goes dark.

The player is programmed to go dark after, I believe, an hour–the idea is, to preserve the life of the display (rather than having the display on for a full 3-hour charge–about what it takes–or even overnight/lomnger, if a user weren’t to disconnect the player right away). 

The player is programmed to go dark after, I believe, an hour–the idea is, to preserve the life of the display (rather than having the display on for a full 3-hour charge–about what it takes–or even overnight/longer, if a user weren’t to disconnect the player right away).