MS Windows Vista compatability

I just bought an e200 Sansa. Would it be compatible with Vista? Has anyone used it and if so, what is your experience? I appreciate an informed response. Alcu

@alcu5 wrote:

I just bought an e200 Sansa. Would it be compatible with Vista? Has anyone used it and if so, what is your experience? I appreciate an informed response. Alcu

The player works fine with Vista.  The CD on the other hand might not be compatible with the Vista. I do believe that if you call SanDisk they can issue you an instillation CD, under your warranty, that’s Vista Compatible.  For the most part, you won’t need your CD to use your MP3 player on your computer but it still helps.  You’re going to need the CD to use the Sansa Media Converter, in order to put pictures and videos on your MP3 player.  Windows Media Player 11 is a recommended program to use with your Sansa, try using that program to put songs on your MP3 player.  If you still need Pictures and video on your MP3 player and your CD isn’t compatible, try calling SanDisk. I’m sure that company will help you out.

-Sansa_Doctor

Message Edited by Sansa_Doctor on 08-07-2007 02:55 PM

Message Edited by Sansa_Doctor on 08-07-2007 02:55 PM

The cd will work on Vista, however the autoplay installer program won’t.

To install the Sansa Media Converter open up Computer and then right-click and explore your cdrom drive. Next double-click into the fscommand folder. Inside double-click on setup.exe. This will install the media converter.

To access the user’s guide explore the cdrom drive and double-click the folder usermanual and open the e200_usermanual_en.pdf

For the Best Buy Music Store download  goto https://order2.real.com/rhapsody/monthly/30dnocc/bestbuy?pcode=bby&ocode=bbdms&cpath=bby_togo&rsrc=bbyglobalhome

Those are the only three important items on the cd.