Memory Card Making Brand new 4gb Fuze freeze

When I put in a 1gb micro card into my 4gb fuze (the card has nothing on it), the fuze freezes completely and wont do anything during the “refreshing” right when you turn it on.

I had a Sansa…e200? I thin that’s what it’s called, but I used the card for that and it always worked…always…but now I have no idea what’s going on.

Like I said, the card doesn’t have anything on it and neither does the Fuze.

Please help.

Assuming you’re using windows.

Start>run> type ‘cmd’ in the box, press enter.  (no quotes)  You should get the black DOS window.  (Also under start>programs>accessories)

Type the following while your Fuze is connected.  Use the drive letter that is associated with the card.  Usually, if your computer’s hard drive is C:, your CD/DVD drive will be D:, your Fuze’s internal memory will be E:, so the uSD card will be F:.  Be sure about the drive letter.   I won’t take any responsibility for you formatting the wrong drive.  If your uSD card isn’t f:, then change that in the below.

format f: /fs:fat /x

(/fs:fat tells it what kind of filesystem to use, /x tells it to dismount the volume first.)

Press enter, and wait for it to finish.

Note that the above is for cards less than 2GB in size.

well I didn’t use your method (even though I’m sure it would have worked perfectly) but what I did was I was using Windows Media Player, and when the Fuze was connected to my computer, I inserted the card, formatted the fuze (erased everything, but whatever) and then the external memory option appeared.

I have no idea, but I’m glad it worked. Thanks for helping though. *thumbs up*

can someone tell me what is max gig that you can use in fuze 4gig player?

sd card that is. sorry new to this.

I have Fuze 2 gig that I like very well. Thinking about getting 4 gig. Products seem to be good. So far no problems.Will continue to purchase.  

@slever1 wrote:

16GB.

The latest & greatest! :smiley:

@tapeworm wrote:

@slever1 wrote:

16GB.

The latest & greatest! :smiley:

And when they release them, 32GB

Personally, I’m holding out for the 120GB Sansa Fuze Classic. :robotwink:

@dogoti wrote:
Personally, I’m holding out for the 120GB Sansa Fuze Classic. :robotwink:

It looks like this…:wink: