Micro SDHC issue

I installed a 4GB Kingston micro SDHC in my 2GB Fuze. Windows media player only recognizes 2GB. I checked the 4GB separately on my pc using an adapter and it shows 4GB. Is there a maximum memory limitation for the Fuze?

@eddyk wrote:
I installed a 4GB Kingston micro SDHC in my 2GB Fuze. Windows media player only recognizes 2GB. I checked the 4GB separately on my pc using an adapter and it shows 4GB. Is there a maximum memory limitation for the Fuze?

People are using 16gb micro sdhc with no issues so it shouldn’t be a limitation issue.  Have you tried formatting the player and/or card?  It’s always a good idea to make sure you have the latest firmware too.

The fuze doesn’t like Kingston µSDHC cards. There seem to be some strange issues with them. try with a card from another vendor. I have a 8 Gb transcend µSDHC on my 4Gb fuze and it works fine, as they are too people who have a 16 Gb card working

windows media player shows the internal and external memory as 2 separate fuzes for me. check for a drop down for the external memory.

@dsh21 wrote:

windows media player shows the internal and external memory as 2 separate fuzes for me. check for a drop down for the external memory.

good point.

I think the kingston issues were mainly video related.

It was only video. 

What does My Computer say under properties for this card? 

Also if you got it from ebay there were some that didn’t work and maybe this is one of them?  I know it was the cad itself but that doesn’t guarantee anything for the Fuze.

Maybe try formatting it.  I think most have to be.  I only buy SanDisk cards now because fo the Kingston Video problem (I was doing a lot of video converting last year).

If the card is formatted as FAT you will only have 2GB available.  Be sure to format the card as a FAT32 volume.

µsansa

Thanks.  I did as you suggested and it shows 4GB.  The description says 2GB.

@eddyk wrote:
Thanks.  I did as you suggested and it shows 4GB.  The description says 2GB.

When you say “description”, do you mean in the fuze’s system settings > info > Sd card?  Or still in WMP?

The fuze should show under SD card the amount of memory used and the amount free.  If it’s in WMP, you may need to upgrade or reinstall it.