Make Album Art Full Size?

I hate the fact that when I want to view my Album art (after clicking the middle button) while the song is playing it comes out tiny.

But then when you go to “Photos” and click on the same Album art it shows it Full Screen. 

Basically is their a way I can display my Album Art full screen once I click the middle button.

(and Yes I did search through about 10 pages of the “Album Art” threads)

i think that if that was possible, you would have heard it by now, m8.

Mark

Not having a FUZE, I can’t say for sure, but on the e200 series when you press the middle (select) button once, along the bottom of the screen is displayed what has been described as a “spectrum analyzer” (a graphical display of the musical peaks). When you press the button a 2nd time, your album art is displayed full screen (almost). A 3rd press reveals the next song to be played. All these button presses must happen within 10 seconds or it reverts back to the original ‘now playing’ screen.

There is no way to permanently ‘lock’ the album art on. Also, the fact that your album art even shows in the PHOTO menu at all, is a boo-boo! This ‘bug’ was addressed and was supposed of have been fixed with a firmware update, but it obviously wasn’t. If you don’t want to see the album art in with your photos, you have to set all your album art files to the ‘hidden’ attribute. They’ll still show as your music is playing, but won’t be mixed in with your pictures.

Sorry, there is no way to do it larger than what you get there!

@Tapeworm: On the Fuze when you do the the Art is smaller because the screen is a different size. That’s what he means. 

The Fuze’s landscape arrangement for the display, coupled with the status bar at the bottom of the screen, means that the album art is displayed slightly smaller than on the e200 series.

When selecting the album art screen via the center button on the e200, you do get a nice big cover display.  Coupled with the sharp screen, it’s detailed enough to read most of the cover text.

The Fuze has about 5mm of top plus bottom (10 total) status display: the top shows the current section, and the bottom is the battery / time display.  It leaves for a smaller available art display space.

Personally, I’d love to drop the top line display during that album art request screen, during the cover display.  Of course, the top and bottom lines are currently constant.

Bob  :wink:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 09-09-2008 05:51 AM

The e200’s screen is rectangular, so with the top and bottom status bars, it is square, but on th eFuze with the status bars it is even more rectangular.

@tapeworm wrote:

Also, the fact that your album art even shows in the PHOTO menu at all, is a boo-boo! This ‘bug’ was addressed and was supposed of have been fixed with a firmware update, but it obviously wasn’t. If you don’t want to see the album art in with your photos, you have to set all your album art files to the ‘hidden’ attribute. They’ll still show as your music is playing, but won’t be mixed in with your pictures.

Album art should be embedded with the music file. It often doesn’t happen because the album art isn’t correctly associated with the right music file or is missing, e.g. when individual tracks or albums are ripped and the art cannot be located online by media players, like WMP, or you have created/downloaded a folder of music with album art jpegs as seperate files, like the dreaded ‘folder.jpg’ file.

The easiest and best way to solve these issues is to embed the art into the music files, as it should be, with something like the free Album Art Fixer  (http://www.avsoft.nl/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=80&Itemid=4). If you use this, you won’t have to worry about album art jpegs messing up your music folders and you won’t get them in the PHOTOS folder in your Fuze, either.

Emms

Message Edited by Emms on 09-09-2008 05:50 PM

Emms,

Thanks for the link!  I’ll have to give the application a test drive!

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: 

Emms-

Thanks for the link. I tried this last night-- and this worked BEAUTIFULLY. It’s nice to see album art displayed with what’s playing. And it took considerably less time than if I broke down and did it manually…

Glenn

There is also a free open source program…the link is below.  I have NOT tried this program, just ran across it and wanted to post it here in case someone wanted to check it out also.

Wait, I’m confuzed! I though that embedded Album Art didn’t work on the Fuze yet. So it does?

Running Rhapsody and WiMP11, embedded art is working here.  My only gripe is that Rhapsody drops the ball on importing CDs.  I have to manually add the art in these cases, despite the displayed art.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Still waiting for MediaMonkey to have a problem with albumert!

@emms wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

Also, the fact that your album art even shows in the PHOTO menu at all, is a boo-boo! This ‘bug’ was addressed and was supposed of have been fixed with a firmware update, but it obviously wasn’t. If you don’t want to see the album art in with your photos, you have to set all your album art files to the ‘hidden’ attribute. They’ll still show as your music is playing, but won’t be mixed in with your pictures.

Album art should be embedded with the music file. It often doesn’t happen because the album art isn’t correctly associated with the right music file or is missing, e.g. when individual tracks or albums are ripped and the art cannot be located online by media players, like WMP, or you have created/downloaded a folder of music with album art jpegs as seperate files, like the dreaded ‘folder.jpg’ file.

The easiest and best way to solve these issues is to embed the art into the music files, as it should be, with something like the free Album Art Fixer  (http://www.avsoft.nl/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=80&Itemid=4). If you use this, you won’t have to worry about album art jpegs messing up your music folders and you won’t get them in the PHOTOS folder in your Fuze, either.

Emms

Message Edited by Emms on 09-09-2008 05:50 PM

I wouldnt know ive never used that but i have been using wmp 11 to sync files  too my fuse just paste your album art in the album picture and wmp aotomaticaly creates a hidden album art file and it shows up in the album list aswell unlike usingdrag and drop the album art wont show up

oh yah they also dont show up as photos either

hope

this helps

hope

this helps

hope

this helps some of you having problems with album art!!!

do they show up as photos too?

:stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue: 

The newest firmware solves the album art-to-photos bug, I believe.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: