Album Art

Hi,

I have a sansa fuze (silver).  I have been trying to get the fuze to display album art in the list view.  Now, that I have read all posts about this topic, I still cannot get album art to display on the Fuze.  I have tried using both WMP and Media Monkey.  I can’t figure out why I can’t get the art display.  It shows up on WMP and Media Monkey.  I need some help.  Thank you.

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:56 PM

BTW, I hate the default list view, which sorts all songs by their ID3 titles and thereby mixes all the artists together. I can select Artist view, but then it only plays songs by that artist alone then stops, rather than jumping to the next (alphabetical) artist name. I ended up using the Folder view, which shows the songs’ file names.

TomJensen wrote:

Perhaps they could increase the scroll acceleration limit, i.e. the more you scroll, the more song it covers per increment, up to the limit of a page per increment.

Accelerated scrolling was added some time ago in a firmware update.

The album art will display on the Fuze just fine, but it seems to only “like” a certain size, which is 120x120 from what I read. I used that size on my collection and all the art displays okay on my Version 1 series Fuze. There are 2 ways to set up the bitmaps, one is to write them to the *.mp3 files themselves, and the other for a folder full of songs is a file called “Album Art.jpg” in each album directory. I’m not all that sure of what software you’ll need to do this in Windows, as I am running a Linux system.

You may want to try running a search on “sansa fuze album art” and you should find some more threads about getting the album art to display.

Message Edited by walla299 on 01-03-2010 03:19 PM

walla299 wrote:

The album art will display on the Fuze just fine, but it seems to only “like” a certain size, which is 120x120 from what I read.

The Fuze will see and display much larger images than that, but since the screen size is 220 x 176, it’s sort of a waste. I tend to use images around the 200 x 200 size. The clarity when displayed is good and they don’t take up that much room.

You can embed the images into the ID3 tag certainly, but you’ll have to do this for each & every song. I prefer simply adding an ‘album art.jpg’ image to the Album folder. All the songs within this folder will then display that image on the Fuze’s screen. :smiley: