m250 does not work

I’m having a problem with my m250 turning off before it shows my music. I turn the device on and it stays on the start up screen that says Sansa and then turns off. I’ve tried numerous brand new batteries and it still doesn’t work. I can’t seem to find any reset button and there is music on the device, so I’m out of ideas. Is anyone else having this problem?

Hello Trummie, Welcome to the Forums!

Let’s try this: take the battery out of the player and wait for a full 5 minutes. While the battery is out, please hold the power-on button for 10 seconds. After that, connect it to your computer (without the battery). Does it work when it’s connected to the computer?

Regardless of that result, disconnect it from the computer, then put a brand new alkaline battery back in, and see if it will turn on.

If your Sansa is still being detected by your computer you should format it see if that helps, if not, have you try forcing MSC? I heard with the battery out of the player and with the hold switch activated, it should force the player to MSC (Mass Storage Class) mode and maybe it will get detected under my computer as a removable disk, if it does, I would suggest formatting the player.  I personally love to keep my Sansa updated with the latest firmware, my other suggestion is if the player is recognized by the computer in the MSC mode is to check the SanDisk web site for possible firmware update for your player.  Let me know if this help.

I’m having the same problem.

I’m having a problem with my m250 turning off before it shows my music. I turn the device on and it stays on the start up screen that says Sansa and then turns off. I’ve tried numerous brand new batteries and it still doesn’t work.

I’ve tried the : off for 5 minutes then lock, press the power for 10 seconds and connect to the PC without any batteries, I’ve tried the right and up volume while powering on for 10 seconds. Nothing is doing anything.

I can’t seem to find any reset button and there is music on the device, so I’m out of ideas. Is anyone else having this problem?

The computer is not recognising my MTP player but it recongnize other ones. My firmware version is 4.0.0.44r

I’ve tried the recovery program and the firmware update but nothing is communicating with the sansam250

So I’ll be on my way in about an hour to buy an other mp3 play ( my third in less then a year). I don’t know is its me but is seems to be very difficult to find a quality player.

Message Edited by ulippe on 07-28-2007 11:19 AM

Welcome to the forum ulippe!

You can probably call SanDisk for an RMA on that player.

*RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization

I have the same issue with V4.0.45A. The other night the Sansa updater went active and I allowed it to look for new firmware. It came back with no updates available. My player was not connected at this time. However, my computer started acting up and a scan with Zone Alarm showed a Trojan resident at that time. I was able to delete the Trojan and after some difficulty my laptop seems to be working again. Probably coincidence.

My M250 starts up, but stays on the start-up screen (SANSA m250 2.0GB V4.0.45A) for as long as the battery will hold. It will not turn off by itself, but will turn off when I hit the power button. I’ve tried removing the battery for 5 minutes, pressing power for 10 seconds and connecting to my computer; no luck, the computer doesn’t recognize the player

sounds  like you need to RMA the player. contact sandisk tech support

This is exactly what is happening with my daughter’s m240.  We gave it to her for Christmas. She was listening to it today- turned it off for 30 minutes - tried to turn it back on and it won’t get past the SANSA screen.  The computer will not detect it no matter what I do.  I’m glad that I found this forum as the SANSA website was not much help.  The info has saved me a lot of time!