Low battery

I got my Sandisk last year for Christmas. I have use it numerous times since purchased. I attempted to use it on the 13th of August, and got a “low battery” message. I plugged it in to my computer, as I have many times to recharge, and left it to charge for several hours. When I checked later the battery still showed low. I then rechecked everything to make sure that everything was properly plugged. I also reset it with no results. My sandisk states that it is connected, but the battery light is not blinking. Which means it is NOT charging. I am confused at what the problem could be, so that is why I am here!!! The battery is not replaceable.   Any suggestions???

1 Like

Can you try recharging from the AC, using a USB/AC adapter??

I am having the same problem on one of my laptops. I looked in “my computer” and did not even see the device there. In addition the battery was not charging even though the status was connected.

When I plugged it into my husband’s laptop it started charging and he found it in “my computer.”

I don’t know what’s going on with my laptop, but it sounds like you’re probably having the same issue with yours. 

Sorry I don’t have a solution.

Darcy

DarcyJ wrote:

I am having the same problem on one of my laptops. I looked in “my computer” and did not even see the device there. In addition the battery was not charging even though the status was connected.

When I plugged it into my husband’s laptop it started charging and he found it in “my computer.”

I don’t know what’s going on with my laptop, but it sounds like you’re probably having the same issue with yours. 

Sorry I don’t have a solution.

Darcy

Particulars, please.  What type of computer/operating system?  What USB mode (under System settings) is your Clip+ set to?  Did you try different USB ports?  Did you try different USB cables?

Drumcrazee wrote:
I got my Sandisk last year for Christmas. I have use it numerous times since purchased. I attempted to use it on the 13th of August, and got a “low battery” message. I plugged it in to my computer, as I have many times to recharge, and left it to charge for several hours. When I checked later the battery still showed low. I then rechecked everything to make sure that everything was properly plugged. I also reset it with no results. My sandisk states that it is connected, but the battery light is not blinking. Which means it is NOT charging. I am confused at what the problem could be, so that is why I am here!!! The battery is not replaceable.   Any suggestions???

In addition to try charging from the AC, did you also try other USB ports/other USB cables?

"My sandisk states that it is connected, but the battery light is not blinking. "

Try unplugging all other usb items before connecting the player. If your computer is a notebook, make sure it is plugged into AC power before connecting the Clip. If you pc is a desktop, connect it to a usb port in the rear, as front usb ports are often low power, and may not provide enough power for the Clip+ to charge. Try charging it with a usb ac adapter. Many people have one of these from a phone, Blackberry, or digital camera.