Latest Sansa E280 Firmware Version?

I am wondering what the latest sansa e200’s series firmware version is.
The firmware I have is 1.03.01H… On the page : http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3313 is say 1.02.24 is newest
Is 1.02.24 newer/better? What is the comparison between the two? What region is my 1.03.01H?

Thankyou For Your Time ^^
Sincerely,
Raku.

Ah, the dreaded Hebrew Beta firmware.  This release can be upgraded, but the names of the firmware files must be temporarily changed, just one time, in order to remove this version.

The Hebrew release has one really cool thing, the sansa Lil’ Monsta_,_ in the splash screen.  Plenty of users complained about functionality with the early firmware; if you’d like to upgrade, you can use either version “18” or “24”, as both have a loyal following.  (The primary difference between the two involves behavior when docked.)

I can search for the required firmware names, I’ll post this as soon as I get a chance…

EDIT:  I’m feeling froggy, found it for you.  Download the two firmware files and unzip them.  rename the files as follows:

rename pp5022.mi4 to firmware.mi4

rename BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom to pribootLoader.rom

Please note that these names are case-sensitive.  Be sure to name teh files exactly as they are shown here, watching out for the Caps and smalls.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Ah, I take it then hebrew edition is Not As good As the 18 und 24 Version? Ahha, is this good bye to the sansa 'lil monster start up? hm, it can have wierd bug too when you start up it skips the Start up screen und goes straight to menu. This is good for Times when you do Not want to wait for the Start up screen to load. Thankyou Kind sirrah ^^ which should I get? The Europe with Radio, maybe japanese ( some songs have jap kanji, which show as boxes…)or American? Any difference? What do you think is the Best One? Or is there no difference? Thankyou Once Again ( ´ ▽ ` )

I put on the japanese firmware, as I have many japanese songs I am listen to.
I also read that europe firmware does not allow volume to go as high as it can, so I did not get that one…

Thankyou For Everything ! ^^
I Am Hope You Have A Good Day Ja
Sincerlely,
Raku.

@e280ja wrote:

I put on the japanese firmware, as I have many japanese songs I am listen to.
I also read that europe firmware does not allow volume to go as high as it can, so I did not get that one…

You should install the firmware for the region in which you live. The Japanese (or 'P') firmware version will render your FM radio useless if you live in the States or Europe, as the FM band is limited to what frequencies are broadcast in Japan (76-90MHz). The US FM frequencies (87.5-108MHz) are odd numbers in steps of .2MHz, and in Europe they are in steps of .05MHz. Of course, if you don't listen to the radio and are happy with the operation if the Japanese firmware, then go right ahead.

The EU volume cap restriction was introduced long after these players were discontinued and no firmware update for them was altered. The Clip+, Fuze & Fuze+ are the only models affected by this imposed limitation, and there is a way around it.

I am listen to the radio alot ^^
Does not seem that the radio has been affected… my stations still play as they should…I use the ‘world’ option, I can get to 99.35 FM, because it is set to that…I would lose Japan region radio though if I set firmware to Europe?
So, if I have 99.3 set in world radio, it really is 99.32 on my mp3? ( or is that 99.5)
and if it is at 99.35 it really is at 99.37 or is that 99.55?

Oh? But then I will not have japanese kanji support?

Well, as the old saying goes, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

What did you mean by .2 MHz mistep? I am just wondering… Which does it do? Make 99.3FM 99.5FM? OR is it make 99.3Fm 99.32Fm? When I Play Radio , is Same As before ( all Stadions As clear und what Frequency they should Be.) just wondering is all. Danke.

@e280ja wrote:
What did you mean by .2 MHz mistep? I am just wondering… Which does it do? Make 99.3FM 99.5FM? OR is it make 99.3Fm 99.32Fm? When I Play Radio , is Same As before ( all Stadions As clear und what Frequency they should Be.) just wondering is all. Danke.

You misunderstood. US frequencies are assigned in increments of .2 MHz (always ending in .1, .3, .5, .7, or .9), World frequencies in steps of .05 MHz (99.15, 99.20, 99.25, 99.30, etc.). The e200 doesn’t “misstep”, it tunes correctly according to the Region setting.

The last letter of the firmware version refers to the regional differences.  Setting the FM preference to Japan allows reception of the local Japanese FM band, which has different frequencies allocated for broadcast.

The FM receiver chip in the e200 is capable of tuning in these frequencies when selected.  The processor of the e200 controls the outboard receiver chip within the desired range, and with the correct frequency steps for each region.

You’ll find that the newer firmware is more stable as well, with fewer “freezes” and glitches.  I have the lil monsta stored as a video file, pretty cool stuff.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: