Sansa e200 Firmware conflict / confusion

I bought a refurbished Sansa e200 from Compusa and I’m confused on which version I have. The back or my unit says “Model e200v2” But the version under the Info setting says “Version 01.02.24A”

The instructions for manually updating the firmware in this Forum say

"METHOD 2 - Manual update by downloading the firmware from the Sansa Forum
1. On your Sansa e200, verify the hardware revision.  
a. From the Main Menu , go to Settings > System Info.  
b. Select Version.    

• If the Version is V01.xx.xxx, you have e200v1. Proceed to step 2    
  • If the Version is V03.xx.xxx, you have  e200v2. Proceed to step 2"

“If I go to the thread How can I tell if I my e200 is version 1, 2, Or Rhapsody?”

it says if your player has printed on it “Model e250v2” you have Version 2. My unit looks like the second picture in that message but it has a R above CE that is above the e250v2.

so according to the back of my unit I have the version 2 hardware but according to the info screen I have version 1 hardware so which do I believe and should I try to use the V03.xx.xxx to update to Version 2 or will this render my player useless because it really has version 1 hardware in it?

Always believe the firmware version. This cannot be changed. As the 2nd line (bold type) in the “How can I tell if I my e200 is version 1, 2, Or Rhapsody?” post says:

The back of the player may not be correct. The ONLY way to tell is with the firmware.

Re-furbers commonly switch back plates. This is not done intentionally to confuse you, but when a bunch of these are received they are disassembled and the component parts are then inspected, chosen or discarded, and sorted into various boxes, containers, etc. Then during the re-assembly a worker simply grabs a back plate out of the box, and zips it up ready for testing and packaging for sale. They have no clue at that point which variant of the player they have in their hands.

Always believe the firmware version. This cannot be changed. As the 2nd line (bold type) in the “How can I tell if I my e200 is version 1, 2, Or Rhapsody?” post says:

The back of the player may not be correct. The ONLY way to tell is with the firmware.

Re-furbers commonly switch back plates. This is not done intentionally to confuse you, but when a bunch of these are received they are disassembled and the component parts are then inspected, chosen or discarded, and sorted into various boxes, containers, etc. Then during the re-assembly a worker simply grabs a back plate out of the box, and zips it up ready for testing and packaging for sale. They have no clue at that point which variant of the player they have in their hands.

And no, you cannot ‘upgrade’ from a v1 to a v2 by installing the different firmware. To update the firmware in your player, choose the appropriate geograhical version found in this post and follow the manual installation instructions. Don’t bother with the Sansa Updater. As this model is discontinued, there will be no further updates so this should be the only time you have to do it.

And no, you cannot ‘upgrade’ from a v1 to a v2 by installing the different firmware. To update the firmware in your player, choose the appropriate geograhical version found in this post and follow the manual installation instructions. Don’t bother with the Sansa Updater. As this model is discontinued, there will be no further updates so this should be the only time you have to do it.

And no, you cannot ‘upgrade’ from a v1 to a v2 by installing the different firmware. To update the firmware in your player, choose the appropriate geographical version found in this post and follow the manual installation instructions. Don’t bother with the Sansa Updater. As this model is discontinued, there will be no further updates so this should be the only time you have to do it.