it is skipping to song #15

ok this is soooo frusterating. When I go to song #1 it skips to song # 15.I cannot delete 1-15 to start over. What is going on here.
I am not computer literate so please talk in terms that I will understand.

Thanks

oh the songs that it is skipping over look like this in the song list ._07angel.
It seems to not play the songs with ._ infront.

Files that start with a . are generally hidden files so I would not be surprised if the clip ignores them.  Try using a more standard method of naming your files.  :slight_smile:

ok now how do I re name them.

Message Edited by 123MOM on 01-23-2008 08:49 PM

Right click the file and go to properties at the bottom.  Then in properties go to the summary tab and if you have to click advanced.  You can click on any info and modify it.  You’re looking for Title at the top!

Oh I forgot to mention that I have a Mac so right-clicking the files does nothing compared to with a PC.

Any other suggestions as to why they aren’t working nicely? Should I just say nuts to this and borrow a PC from a friend?

Thanks

No need for that–just rename them using the Mac, however that is done (sorry, PC user here).  If I had to guess, iTunes will let you rename them.

Hmmm, well, looking at it again, the songs that are prefixed with ._ don’t even show up in the file list when I hook the Sansa up to the computer. It seems like the only thing recognizing that there are mystery songs is the sansa (which I can’t delete the song files off of because it doesn’t stop on them - just skips right through) and me. It is getting awfully annoying!

On PCs, there is an option to show hidden files; I assume there is on a Mac as well.  It seems that this is a music and Mac issue, not the Clip.

If you can’t figure out any other way, you can reformat your Clip (under settings), which will delete yor files (and hopefully the rogue files as well).  If there is anything on the Clip you want to keep, connect to your computer first, transfer that content to your computer, detach and reformat, and then connect up again and transfer the files back.  It actually will go fairly quickly.

Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately I tried it and it didn’t work. The ._ songs are still showing up.

Anyone else having a problem with this?

Even after re-formatting?  If so, then it seems that the Clip doesn’t want to erase them, as presumed operational files, given their naming.  And so either figure out from a co-Mac user how to get you Mac to reveal hidden system files, or connect to a PC and do similarly; and then delete them.  (Under Windows, in a folder window, it’s Tools/Folder options/ View, and then scroll down the first screen and click on, Show hidden files and folders.) 

Even after re-formatting?  If so, then it seems that the Clip doesn’t want to erase them, as presumed operational files, given their naming.  And so either figure out from a co-Mac user how to get your Mac to reveal hidden system files, or connect to a PC and do similarly; and then delete them.  (Under Windows, in a folder window, it’s Tools/Folder options/ View, and then scroll down the first screen and click on, Show hidden files and folders.) 

This may be how to show hidden files on a Mac.  But proceed as you see fit–I’m a PC user and it’s simple on a PC.

http://www.brooksandrus.com/blog/2007/03/23/mac-os-x-show-hide-hidden-files-in-finder/

Try updating to the latest firmware to fix some MAC problems.