It figures.

That exactly one day after I get my Sansa Clip+ that SanDisk comes out with a new firmware for it. Anyone know where I could get an older firmware so I can Rockbox it?

Much thanks,

Ted

You can rockbox the ciip+ with the lastest firmware.

By the way, most people are happy when a new firmware update is released.

I downloaded the newest firmware and applied it to my device. Then I used that bin file for Rockbox for the firmware file needed at which point I got the error:

[ERR] Original firmware unknown, please try an other version. Tested Clip+v1 versions are : 01.02.09, 01.02.13, 01.02.15.

Could not load /home/username/Downloads/clppa.bin

Any ideas?

EDIT: I’m not happy with updates when they break Rockbox functionality. Rockbox is hands down better than the original firmware for these devices. Longer battery life with FLAC (my favorite attribute), games (this I don’t care so much about), ability to tweak themes as I want; It’s just better. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just got a copy of the 01.02.15 F/W off the cached Google site and I’m going to see if I can downgrade the F/W and see what happens.

Using the F/W from the cached site appears to be working correctly now. Someone might want to let the Rockbox guys know since that cached site will only be up for the rest of the day I think.

I just messaged the Rockbox devs about the new firmware change so hopefully there will be a new Rockbox version in the near future. Until then, I will stick with my older firmware. :slight_smile:

Aahhh, I see what you are saying now.  I just checked the firmware thread and it’s been updated to version 01.02.16 yesterday!  A new firmware thread was not started.

@mags1230 wrote:

Aahhh, I see what you are saying now.  I just checked the firmware thread and it’s been updated to version 01.02.16 yesterday!  A new firmware thread was not started.

I just found out about this too. To the OP, I don’t really see any point installing this new update if you’re already Rockboxing…unless there’s something you know that I don’t.:smiley:

tedneal wrote:

EDIT: I’m not happy with updates when they break Rockbox functionality.

So then, the answer is simple:  just don’t install the update.