Is OGG on Fuze 4G V2.02.28 ?

Hi.

I have a bunch of OGG files and I thought Fuze supported them, but apparently not. I went through the firmware update and am now on V.02.02.28. No Ogg. Any ideas ?

THX

What do you mean no OGG? Ogg has been supported for a couple of Firmware releases now.

I know, that’s why I am stumped. Will not play OGG Files, just skips to next mp3 track.

You should search around this board–try putting vorbis into the search box–for some of the .ogg experts.

Since .ogg is open-source there are apparently a lot of different encoders and kinds of tags, and the firmware can’t handle them all. Perhaps there’s a way to re-encode or tweak your current files to make them work. 

OK that makes sense. My .ogg’s are from Audacity so its probably a tagging issue. Dont think Audacity has a ID3 editor but not a Vorbis. Thanks.

eddyvee wrote:
OK that makes sense. My .ogg’s are from Audacity so its probably a tagging issue. Dont think Audacity has a ID3 editor but not a Vorbis. Thanks.

Try taking one and changing the end of the file from .ogg to .oga…http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogg

It may be a tag-related problem. Just pass all your files through Easytag, adding to all of them a comment or so, so that they get modified by the program. This way, all tags of all your files will get fixed and playable on the fuze.

But make sure you set Easytag to write ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1. Unicode tags (UTF) don’t always work. IDv1 tags definitely don’t work.