i just bought a fuze 4GB; one of the main reasons was the supposed playback-support of ogg vorbis.
Somehow i now feel, i was wrong.
Well, according to the FAQ:
- What operating system (OS) are you using? (Windows, Mac, Linux, ???)
2. What version of OS are you using? (Vista, XP, Ubuntu, Redhat, OSX 10.4, ???)
3. What service pack do you have installed? Right click “My Computer” -> Properties -> General (Tab) -> System (Section)
4. What version of firmware does your Fuze have? _Settings -> System Settings -> Info
I already downloaded the firmware and reinstalled it._
- What version of Windows Media Player do you have? Help -> About Windows Media Player
- What are the steps you are doing?
USB Mode is set to MSC; I dont have/use MediaPlayer, so I want to copy Files via Explorer / FileManager to my device
I copy my file(s) to either MUSIC or AUDIOBOOKS, unmount the device, disconnect and start playback.
7. What do you expect to happen?
First of all I’d expect my Fuze to _show_ the files / interprets / albums / you name it
and second I’d really appreciate it to play them.
8. What is actually happening?
nothing, after formatting the device and adding some files the player keeps telling me it was empty.
after adding some mp3s it does find and play these, so I cannot find any errors in my handling.
just for the fun of it i just downloaded a song by Grateful Dead from archive.org, transferred it to music an still the same happens: nothing.
- Any error messages.
none; the player doesn’t even seem to find the files
I’d appreaciate your help. What may be wrong?