Ogg support?

The 1.01.15 release notes say “OGG codec for audio is now supported”. Yet when I try to transfer some Ogg audio files to the Fuze Windows tells me the device does not support this format, and refuses to transfer the files. What gives?

Are you trying to transfer through WMP or through My Computer?

I never really trusted Windoze, and that’s one of the reasons why. 

I was trying via My Computer. I have WMP 10, which doesn’t support Ogg files, and looking at the WMP 11 web site I read a note saying

“You can play files with .ogg or .ogm file name extensions in the Player if you install DirectShow-compatible filters, which you can download from the WMPlugins.com Web site. Note that these filters only allow you to play the files using the Player; you won’t be able to add them to your library.”

That suggests to me that it won’t transfer them to the Fuze either.

Try switching your USB mode on your fuze to MSC mode. Not MTP or Auto-Defect. This is under SETTINGS > SYSTEM SETTINGS > USB Mode. Now you should be able to drag & drop your .ogg files to your Fuze. I don’t think the .ogm files will be recognized though.

Yep, that fixed it - many tanks. The :stuck_out_tongue:files were .ogg, not .ogm, and they play just fine :stuck_out_tongue:

A bonus of this is that using the ogg format avoids the “slow play” syndrome. I had one mp3 track that consistently played slow no matter what bit rate I recorded it at - about 1/4 speed with the old firmware, and 1/2 speed with the latest. The trick of using the Custom equalizer setting had no effect. Last night I converted the file to ogg, and now it plays normally on the Fuze (the mp3 always played normally everywhere EXCEPT on the Fuze).  :smileyvery-happy:

The slow playing issue is getting fixed on the next release.

Tapeworm «Try switching your USB mode on your fuze to MSC mode. Not MTP or Auto-Defect. This is under SETTINGS > SYSTEM SETTINGS > USB Mode. Now you should be able to drag & drop your .ogg files to your Fuze. I don’t think the .ogm files will be recognized though. »

ok… well, may you be more concrete about what I am supposed to do?

how can I «switch my USB mode to MSC mode»?

ok, I found how to «switch my USB mode to MSC mode»… and I can drag my songs, but, when I try to play them with my Fuze, it just shows the name of the song, and go to the following one, without playing the .ogg song!!

how I can fix that?

thanks!! :slight_smile:

Message Edited by katleen_farine on 08-07-2009 10:46 AM