Here is a little more specific FAQ for the D-Link Routers. The DIR-655 firmware must be new release. I assume it is the same as v1.10 for this problem and will test it tonight. Early versions of DIR-655 had Application Gateway preselects, but after v1.05 you need to create the rule specified in below in the Advanced > Application Rules.
Q: Are there any problems with D-Link Routers? My Connect won’t stream Internet Radio.
A: Some D-Link routers are known to be problematic when streaming Internet Radio with your Sansa Connect. If you are unable to stream Internet Radio, your D-Link router may need one of the following configuration changes depending on your D-Link model and firmware.
1) Enable Gaming Mode: Login to your router, navigate to Tools>Misc. and then enable gaming mode.
a. Affects Models DI-5xx, DI-6xx and some DI-7xx
b. Option not available on DI-624 (rev E) & DI-624M models
2) Disable MMS Application Level Gateway support: There is a problem using this configuration option in the DIR model routers. Login to your router, navigate to Advanced>Firewall. Scroll down to Application Level Gateway Configuration and uncheck the MMS selection box.
a. Applicable to Models DIR-625, DIR-635, DIR-660
b. Applicable to Model DIR-655 with firmware v1.05 or lower
3) For Model DIR-655 running firmware v1.05, v1.10, v1.11 or higher (or any DIR model firmware that does not have Application Level Gateway Configuration options); Enable the following rule in Advanced>Application Rules.
- Name: MMS
- Trigger: 1755 Traffic Type: both
- Firewall 1024-5000,504 Traffic Type: UDP
- Schedule: Always